PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here sell rifle bullets?

rondog
02-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Being unemployed, I'm really not in a position to start casting, but I need to find some good bullets for my .303 Enfields. I have everything but bullets. Does anyone here sell cast bullets that would be good for target shooting in my Enfields? I have five of them and really want to use them.

I've tried .3105 174gr. FMJBT's, and those were all over the paper and every one keyholed, so I don't think my rifles like boat-tailed bullets. They seem to shoot old surplus Indian POF ammo just fine.

Suggestions for bullets and where to buy them would also be very welcome! Gas checked lead or FMJ, I'm not particular. As long as they work well in Enfields for target shooting. I have two No.1 Mk.III's, two No.4 Mk.I's, and one No.5 Mk.I.

I have a ton of w/w biscuits made and stashed, but I don't have a furnace, any molds, gas checks, lubrisizer, etc., or the income to get that stuff in the forseeable future. But a few hundred bullets at a time from a good source, I can do.

Thanks!

Bullshop
02-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Trade lead for boolits?

tomme boy
02-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Have you slugged the barrels yet? The Enfields are all over the place for diameter. That would help so one could know what size boolit you will need.

MT Chambers
02-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Where do you live? If Canadian, I may be able to help(in the spring).

KYCaster
02-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Yeah, what Bullshop said.........I'd be interested in a trade.

Jerry

plainsman456
02-02-2013, 01:53 AM
If you find out what size you need i may have some that you could play with,till you find what you want to use.

rondog
02-02-2013, 01:56 AM
No, I've never slugged a barrel before. Is that driving a certain kind/size of fishing weight through with a wooden dowel?

dromia
02-02-2013, 02:11 AM
Any soft lead slug will do, just over groove diameter. Do not use a wooden dowel. Brass rod is good.