PDA

View Full Version : Just wanna make sure I'm not driving some moderator insane:

jabilli
02-01-2013, 11:37 AM
When I post in the forums, I almost always think of things I wanna change or add in my posts right after posting, thoughts to add in, fixing grammar,editing in general. You'll see most of my posts have been edited- I'm wondering if the moderators might get some kind of email notification or PM or something that notifies them of this- If so, I imagine I'm annoying the sanity out of someone, as I add things or edit things at least a few times when posting.

Mods? I wouldn't think so since there are thousands of posts a day, just making sure I'm following SOP

I do understand editing to be frowned upon after people read/post on it afterward- When this is the case, I refrain.

waksupi
02-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Your editing does not show up on staff end. Go ahead, and thanks for asking.

Baja_Traveler
02-01-2013, 02:13 PM
You are not alone - I do it all the time also.

Bummer is that some of the forum software out there has a timeout function, so 5 minutes later the post is locked for editing - I hate that...

fishhawk
02-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Beat me to it Ric!

Jeff R
02-01-2013, 07:58 PM
The 5 minute "time out" thing can be a real bummer. To get around that, you can write up your post in Word, or your favorite word processor. Then, you can ruminate on it, check the spelling and grammar and stuff. When you have it right, copy and paste it into the reply window. Then, you have about four and a half minutes before she times out.
JR

mold maker
02-01-2013, 08:06 PM
How do I get spell check like I had before the changes?

Bad Water Bill
02-01-2013, 08:13 PM
When I post something I always preview it to look for any changes.

If I time out I just copy and then go back to the topic and then hit paste. And do not forget to check in and make sure you will get an e mail when someone responds. Works every time for me. [smilie=1:

MT Gianni
02-01-2013, 08:43 PM
For most of us mods it is a short drive to crazy anyhow.

gon2shoot
02-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Been married all my life, I'm used to people changing thier mind.

xs11jack
02-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Hi Jeff R, I like your post. I am going to do it from now on, because I am a loosy speller and when I use i-spell to check my writing, it messes up the message pretty badly. Thanks.
Jack