PDA

View Full Version : Nut job private pilot deliberatly flying over area 51 lastnight???

Swagerman
07-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Last night on talk radio, my wife called me into the room she was listening to Art Bell on Coast to Coast radio program.

This nut job was talking with Bell from his airplane over a cell phone, he was reputed to be flying over area 51 at night at about 1,000 feet altitude. Searchlights were bracketing his aircraft, they sent up an F-16 interceptor to force him to land or use the jets exhaust to create a vortex to force his plane to crash. The NJ was telling all this while talking to Art Bell, he did not respond much to Bell's warnings that he'd better get out of there or be shot down.

He described a hole in the ground opening up and something awsome was coming up at him, (sounds like the ole ground to air missle) was headed towards his aircraft.

The NJ excited talk ended shortly after he said he had to make a hard turn...then silence.

Art Bell came on and explained to the listening radio audiance that he didn't know what to make of this conversation, wether it was real or false. His program ended shortly thereafter, and the next DJ hoast Geo. Norey came on with his program and never mentioned a word about Art Bell's show, or the nut job.

It made for interesting listening, but I've got my doubts that this was ever for real. What sane person would try to walk into or fly over Area 51 day or night.

Bell claimed to have the Nut Job's girlfriend name who emailed his inflight cell phone number to him while the program was in progress. Bell apparently contacted him.

Is Art Bell trying to be another Orson Well's from the 1930s War of the Worlds SF program.

Did anyone else listen to this program lastnight? :mrgreen:

Jim

ktw
07-20-2007, 01:57 PM
I am envious that they have cell phone coverage that good out in the middle of the nowhere Nevada when I can't use one to make a call from here in the office.

-ktw

Scrounger
07-20-2007, 02:20 PM
One word: Ridiculous. Or make it multiple choice: Drivel; Poppycock;Caca de toro; etc

Swagerman
07-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Scrounger, you are the best....ha ha ha! :mrgreen:

I see you're a resident of Area 51. Did you pull the trigger on that poor misguided pilot. :D

Jim

Bret4207
07-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Art Bell. What memories of dark nights with nothing else on to listen to that name brings back. Art gets every NJ, tin foil hat, conspiracy theory whacko in the world calling him. Thats what keeps him on the air. My tin foil hat is off to Art.

Powderpacker
07-20-2007, 03:41 PM
;Caca de toro;

Good one ! That should be moved to the 'Favorite Sayings' thread .

9.3X62AL
07-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Orson Welles, low rent version.

baker1425
07-21-2007, 04:07 PM
I hate to do this, but I was an ArtBell listener when I was on midnights in the 90s. Sure made for some spooky nights in a worn out patrol car.

That Area 51 gag sounded familiar, it was an April fools Joke from 1996. I found the reference on wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Bell

NVcurmudgeon
07-21-2007, 05:23 PM
I wish Art Bell, his hollow Earth, multi-layered Egyptian civilizations, space aliens, and abominable snowmen would go away so I could listen to the second hour of Mark Levin. At least Mark talks about real things.

rvpilot76
07-22-2007, 02:30 AM
I wish Art Bell, his hollow Earth, multi-layered Egyptian civilizations, space aliens, and abominable snowmen would go away so I could listen to the second hour of Mark Levin. At least Mark talks about real things.

+1 on listening to Mark. He puts the libtards in their place, which is right where they need to be.

Kevin

Swagerman
07-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Then ole Art Bell is the P.T. Barnum of this present generation, snake oil an BS his stock and trade.

And the gullible public just eat it up, that's why religious cults flourish so well as the mushroom people...feed them BS while keeping them in the dark and their numbers do multiply. :mrgreen:

Jim

tommag
07-22-2007, 03:30 PM
I used to listen to Art when he was on about 12 stations from Anchorage to L.V.
He got a little weird then, but really turned on the National Enquirer stuff after he went nation-wide. Any more, I think I would rather listen to opera if that was the only alternative.

waksupi
07-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Bell has a bunch of wannabe imitators, clinging to various conspiracy theories, that are so ignorant, I'm surprised there are any takers. We have a local station, where the giuy used to be real good on local, state, and federal issues. Now, he has went the way of the chem trail crowd, and isn't really worth listening to anymore.

tommag
07-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Bell has a bunch of wannabe imitators, clinging to various conspiracy theories, that are so ignorant, I'm surprised there are any takers. We have a local station, where the giuy used to be real good on local, state, and federal issues. Now, he has went the way of the chem trail crowd, and isn't really worth listening to anymore.

I hope that wasn't Berg in the morning. He used to be pretty good.

waksupi
07-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Not Berg, he is still pretty good. Stokes, in Kalispell.

Swagerman
07-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Waksupi, Is Somers anywhere near Thompson Falls, use to know some people there. Beautiful country around the Clark Fork river area.

Jim :)

Ivantherussian03
07-23-2007, 07:23 PM
The radio show I was listening to was explaining what really happened when JFK was assinated; it was also spooky.:roll:

waksupi
07-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Waksupi, Is Somers anywhere near Thompson Falls, use to know some people there. Beautiful country around the Clark Fork river area.

Jim :)

Jim, Thompson Falls is about 80 miles away, to the SW.

PatMarlin
07-24-2007, 01:54 AM
I think Art Bell's a hype salesman.

I miss Bruce Williams that used to have a show before all the coast to coast crap. You could learn some serious business lesson's from Bruce. That of course was a more saner time.. :roll: