PDA

View Full Version : I am absolutely devastated

2HighSpeed
01-31-2013, 10:03 PM
So some of you that I have talked to pretty regularly know that I have a 12 year old who is Autistic. Well, I was just sitting here printing out some stuff and cought my wristband on the edge of the computer desk and literally snapped my Autism Awareness bracelet right in half. Its one of those "LiveStrong" type things, And I have worn it since August 3rd 2002, The day my son was diagnosed with Austim. His doctor gave it to me, As he does all his "Autism Parents". Normally it wouldnt be a big issue, But I have worn this thing for over 10 years and have no clue where I would even find a new one. UGH. I guess I need to start looking for a new one now. Its kind of become part of me, I didnt even take it off for my wedding. Booooooooooo

Spawn-Inc
01-31-2013, 10:39 PM
well it's better then having your wrist get caught on the edge of the desk and getting cut open, spilling lots of blood like i thought you were going to say.

there are several types on ebay, http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=autism+bracelets&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I wonder if you can repair the old one, or turn it into a necklace, or something to that effect.

2HighSpeed
01-31-2013, 11:23 PM
I totally didnt even think to look on Ebay, And I often turn to that place for everything. Ill go look now, Thank you.

I think I might poke a hole or two in it and put it on my keychain, or maybe in my jewlrey box. That bracelet means more to me then any of the other jewlrey I wear...Id put it right next to my wedding band in sentimental value.

Fishman
01-31-2013, 11:45 PM
Don't throw it away. My son snapped a similar bracelet that meant a lot to him and I superglued it. End to end no worky but overlap about a half inch and press together with superglue between. Two months and doing fine.

John Allen
01-31-2013, 11:49 PM
You could knock a hole in the old bracelet and put on your car key chain. That is always a nice reminder.

Blammer
02-01-2013, 08:48 AM
head to the local hospital I'm sure someone there will know where to get one.

x101airborne
02-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Bless you, Staff. I understand the challenges of it all and know of your road. My friend has an autistic child and adopted another. They are special people and can make you smile like no other. Bless you and your family.

shooter2
02-01-2013, 08:53 AM
The bracelet is only a reflection of what is in your heart and God knows this. I will pray for you, your son and family and a new bracelet. S2

2HighSpeed
02-01-2013, 10:43 AM
You are all so kind. I went with Spawn-inc's advice and looked on Ebay. My son picked a new one out for me so hopefully I will have it soon. I feel rather naked without it. I will try the superglue trip, Or Ill have the husband do it. Last time this girl played with superglue she glued 2 fingers together and had to soak them in pure acetone for 15 minutes. 8-)

Brahma
02-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Happy to see you were able to replace your bracelet. Stay strong.