PDA

View Full Version : My new 44 Mag. pistol from Ruger is here

gray wolf
01-31-2013, 09:57 PM
Well it seems like it's been a long back and forth saga but I think it's over.
Ruger replaced my 44 Mag black hawk hunter with a new one about two weeks ago.
I don't want to bash Ruger cause I do think they are a great company with fantastic customer service. Thing is the replacement pistol was a comedy or errors, it was put together so bad that I find it difficult to even get mad at them ( and I am not )
Lets just say that I wouldn't even put a patch down the barrel let alone shoot it.
I called them and asked them to please remove the pistol from my house. The next day I got a shipping label and UPS picked it up. I got a call from the boss at customer service after two days and she said " yup I looked at the pistol and your correct, it's not the greatest, I let it go at that. ( being polite here )
I also told here this was the third go back to ruger for broken parts and other things that were just not correct and I was about done with them trying to get me a black hawk hunter that was close to being acceptable.
She asked me if I wanted my money back, or would I give here a chance to make it right. I said no I don't want my money back, I just want a 44 mag I can shoot and be happy with. She said how about a different 44 mag ? I said how about a red hawk hunter, she said no problem, she would get me one.
Two weeks or so went by and I called, she said
"" we are not making red hawk hunters for a month "" I said OH no Brenda this is going to go on forever. She said "" how about a Super red hawk 7.5 " barrel.
I will have one for you and it will be perfect, I promise That was Monday.
Well today I got it, super red hawk. they did a nice trigger job and put the softer slightly larger grips on for me, the ones that come on the 480 super red hawk.
The cylinder has no perceived end shake and .004 cylinder gap, throats are .431
The finish is 100% They sent 1' and 30MM rings. the pistol is tight. I can't find a thing not to like. But it's a big pistol and I have to get use to it. I hope it will shoot lead for me without any problems.
I have question ? My old gun had .432 throats and this one has .431
I have some loaded ammo from the old gun that has .432 bullets loaded in them.
Can I shoot the .432 bullets out of the new pistol with .431 throat without hurting me or the pistol. Also I don't no to much about super red hawks cept they are BIG
Do you guys like them ?

crawfobj
01-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Funny. I went through the exact same saga with Ruger and spent some quality time on the phone with their customer service folks. I started with a Redhawk Hunter in .44 that had errors in the scope ring dovetails and ended up with a Blackhawk Bisley Hunter. Haven't shot the Bisley yet, so we'll see how it goes.

It was a lengthy process, but they took care of the problem. BTW, the I had picked up the gun I sent in used and they honored the warranty no questions asked. I won't comment on the guy that sold it to me without disclosing the fact that it wouldn't hold a scope ring.

crawfobj
01-31-2013, 10:15 PM
Oh, there should be no problem shooting those loads in the new throats. They'll size just fine on their way through.

MtGun44
01-31-2013, 11:33 PM
Zero problem with the .432 in .431 throats. IME, some guns like .001 OVER best,
but that is an individual thing. Let Mr. Target tell you what the right size is.

Glad you got a nice gun, finally.

Bill

Cherokee
02-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Glad it worked out, the 432's should work fine.

runfiverun
02-01-2013, 01:02 AM
you'll get used to the bigger revolver.
i didn't like the bigger grips on my revolvers when i first got them
as i shoot them more and more i like them better and better.
the 432 will work perfectly fine.

Lefty SRH
02-01-2013, 04:19 AM
I have 2 Ruger SRH, 1 in .44mag and the other in .480 R. Both are great, accurate, no leading, easy to shoot. You should enjoy it just fine.

Unsub
02-01-2013, 04:47 AM
Had a shoot of a 9.5" barrel redhawk last week, awesome, will have one in the collection soon.

Blammer
02-01-2013, 08:55 AM
I love my RSRH and I'd see if the 432 ammo will fit, if it does, you should be good to go!

Shoot and enjoy it! I know I do!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/blammer8mm/2012%20Deer/DSCN8826.jpg

41 mag fan
02-01-2013, 10:01 AM
I've got 2 SRH. one in 480 Ruger, the other in 45 Colt/454 Casul. Both are 9 1/2" bbl. Very good guns, I love the 480 Ruger and it's a blast to shoot.