PDA

View Full Version : Most of the Guns Sold in the US are Foreign

Silver Jack Hammer
01-31-2013, 10:49 AM
Guys, I heard this on the radio and thought, naw. Couldn't be. Rugers, Smith and Wesson's, Winchesters, Colts, Remingtons mean most of the guns now sold in the US are made in the USA.

Then the conversation factored in the Glock, Uberti, CZ, Norinco, Berretta and the guy on the radio said in numbers, most of the guns sold in the US are foreign made imports.

Anybody have any real information on this?

Beau Cassidy
01-31-2013, 11:16 AM
I think that is an unverified assumption. True, there are Taurus, Uberti, and CZ. Lest we forget Sigs, HKs, and Glock. Not sure about all Berettas. Some expensive shotguns are made overseas. So are the lesser expensive ones made in Spain.

Wayne Smith
01-31-2013, 11:46 AM
If you factor in all the milsurps being sold I'm sure it's true!

Combat Diver
01-31-2013, 10:05 PM
I saw some thing about that in the paper the other day. It didn't have any data to back it up and only made a short statement. Most Berettas are made in Maryland, FN in SC, Glocks in GA. ATF normally puts out that data yearly. Best selling rifle in the US right now is the AR15 and only SIG and HK's AR15 aren't made here (that leaves 30 some manufactures USA) Some 3 dozen companies make the 1911.

CD

tomme boy
02-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Just about everything from Springfield Armory is overseas also. Pistol wise anyway. Only their high end pistols are made here.

Rock Island Armory - ALL made over seas. Taurus, same.

I totally believe it.

imashooter2
02-01-2013, 01:30 AM
I wouldn't doubt it for an instant.

starmac
02-01-2013, 04:32 AM
I thought most of everything sold here is foreign made or owned. lol Isn't win model 70's now made in Brazil.

mongoosesnipe
02-01-2013, 05:29 AM
check the door tag on your American car my brother rented a 300c for a business meeting he had at a Chrysler plant and was toting about how its important to drive an American car to such meetings i looked at door tag a mocked him as the car was made in Canada

Its not any surprise that the gun industry is fallowing similar trends

fishnbob
02-01-2013, 08:04 AM
We can all thank the Free Trade Act, a brainchild of Slick Willie!

ReloaderFred
02-01-2013, 01:02 PM
The figures for the year aren't out yet, but here's a graph on imports comparing November's imports for the last 10 years: http://www.nssf.org/research/blasts/ResearchForumPDFs/1112USITCImportGraph.pdf

If you go to the NSSF website (nssf.org), you can navigate around and view some of the import/export data.

Hope this helps.

Fred

tomme boy
02-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Win 70's are made in Japan I think now. Or was it Belgium

Combat Diver
02-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Win 70's are made in Japan I think now. Or was it Belgium

Neither, the Win 70 is made in South Carolina at FNH plant.

CD

Artful
02-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Used market is some of the best buys out there

ebner glocken
02-02-2013, 01:50 PM

CD

DING DING, We have a winner. So far I've been pretty impressed with the new FN made winchesters.

Ebner

starmac
02-02-2013, 01:51 PM

CD

I read where that changed a month or so back, and iirc it is now brazil.

pressonregardless
02-02-2013, 06:21 PM
There is another potential problem inbound.

Jack Lew MUST NOT Be Treasury Secretary

Bet you didn't know what's hidden in The Gun Control Act of 1968.

The Treasury Secretary is vested with the right to ban importation of any firearm he finds "does not have a sporting purpose."

While this authority is "currently" delegated to the BATFE, it doesn't have to remain delegated. In fact, there is nothing legislative about that delegation to the best of my knowledge, which means it can be revoked by pure fiat.

Jack Lew, the person most-likely to be nominated to replace Geithner, is Obama's current Chief of Staff. As such it must be presumed that he will do whatever Obama wants, within the limit of his statutory authority.

And that authority includes the ability to ban the import of any gun.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 should be repealed. But so long as it stands, no person who comes from inside the Obama administration can be considered for confirmation to the Treasury Secretary's post, and any such person must be made subject to strict scrutiny on their 2nd Amendment views.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=3105582

jameslovesjammie
02-06-2013, 01:33 AM
Winchester AIR RIFLES are made in Brazil. The M70 is made in SC.

GabbyM
02-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Built Right, Built in the USA
The All-American Model 70s are built by American craftsmen in Columbia, South Carolina, at the same state-of-the-art factory as the rifles and machine guns used by America’s Armed Forces to defend freedom around the world. They are made to the exact ISO 9001 standard of quality that Uncle Sam insists upon for military firearms.

Above is clipped from FN’s website today. winchesterguns.com
I purchased a M70 Sporter in 30-06 a couple months ago. Says made in USA on it. I think the wood comes from Spain. It’s very nice.

Bonz
02-06-2013, 02:10 PM
both of my Sig's were made in Exeter NH