PDA

View Full Version : Trouble reilling my Luber

Mike W1
01-30-2013, 02:03 PM
A big thump to my forehead!!!! You'd think after lubing many thousands of bullets a guy would notice the little things a bit faster. Last couple sticks I put in had a hard time getting the Reservoir Cap back on though I did manage.

Next time I noticed a large buildup of lube on top of the Lube Plunger which of course didn't let it get up the Pressure Screw far enough. Scraped it out with a wooden stick and bingo, no problems starting the Cap back into the threads. I suppose the initial problem was not waiting quite long enough for the unit to heat up, thus a little excessive pressure let it slip up past the o-ring. Another lesson learned but not forgotten.

I'd think this would also apply to units other than the RCBS as they're similar.

dromia
02-01-2013, 02:41 AM
I'd check the integrity of your "O" rings as well.

alfloyd
02-05-2013, 03:04 AM
"the initial problem was not waiting quite long enough for the unit to heat up"

I don't know if you do, but if you leave the pressure on when you stop, and the room temp flexes up and down, the resevoir pressure will go up and down.
You should always release the presure when you stop after batch.

Lafaun

Mike W1
02-05-2013, 06:26 PM
"the initial problem was not waiting quite long enough for the unit to heat up"

I don't know if you do, but if you leave the pressure on when you stop, and the room temp flexes up and down, the resevoir pressure will go up and down.
You should always release the presure when you stop after batch.

Lafaun

I always back off the pressure even when stopping for a short break. At the time this little glitch appeared I'd probably sized upwards of 5-6K bullets. Some was bound to seep upwards past the oring.