PDA

View Full Version : Jalepeno poppers

WARD O
01-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Besides cream cheese and bacon what is good to put into the jalepeno popper? I guess I'm looking for a good recipe please.

thanks
ward

Reg
01-30-2013, 12:18 PM
If you dove hunt, this is for you.
Take the pepper, clip the top, split along one side and remove seeds and web.
Take your dove breast still on the breast bone and with your thumbs, split or remove the two sections of meat that make up the dove breast.
In each pepper, place one half of that dove breast. Then you can add a smear of cream cheese and wrap with a piece of bacon or just wrap it with the piece of bacon and if needed, hold together with a tooth pic.
Place on the grill and cook till done.
Yummy !!!!!!

Am sure you could replace the dove with duck or about anything else if you wanted to but this is what we do. Can't keep the kids away from the grill, they eat em as fast as they come off.

gkainz
01-30-2013, 01:00 PM
cream cheese plus ...
italian sausage or chorizo or other ground sausage
tried little smokies (and jalapenos big enough to fit) once ... not too bad

hunterldh
01-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Add 1/3 by volume of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and a tablespoon of minced garlic to your 8 ounces of cream cheese. It mixes and stuffs easier if at room temperature. For variety I have also added a little finely chopped cilantro and that went well. Mine get grilled over apple smoke. Enjoy, Hunter

MT Gianni
01-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Mix fets cheese 50-50 with a little garlic in it if you like meditranian food.

AZ-JIM
02-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Im not a fan of the cream cheeze, but I do like the Itallian sausage and I use shredded cheddar mixed blend cheeze with the bacon wrap. I have heard the chorizo is good too but havent tried it yet. The dove breast also sounds good.

az-jim

Baja_Traveler
02-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Here's a whole forum full of ideas to peruse through (my second favorite place on the net...)

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/176/abts

dale2242
02-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Try adding a little Blue Cheese to the cream cheese and bacon wrap.....dale

DLCTEX
02-02-2013, 12:49 PM
I had better not try anything that makes the even better. I'm in danger of exploding when we have them as it is. We are preparing them for the Super Bowl party tomorrow. Yum!

Smijen48
02-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Here's a god recipe if you like shrimp. deseed large jalepeno dry peeled shrimp leaving tail on cover meat of shrimp in cream cheese lay on waxed paper and chill while shrimp is chilling put one cup flour one egg and enoug milk to make batter, wrap shrimp and cream cheese with the deseeded split long ways pepper coat with batter and deep fry. they are wonderful!

geargnasher
02-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Second the dove breast. Just about any meat (even chicken in a pinch if seasoned before wrapping) works pretty well, but wild meats are best. I like to wrap the meat in a strip of thin-sliced cheese like provolone or mozzerella, tuck it into the prepped jalepeno, and wrap with thin bacon, and grill on a medium-low heat (300-350) until the meat is just done.

Gear

WARD O
02-04-2013, 02:59 PM
I tried some yesterday with cream cheese mixed with a little cheddar and a little mozzerela and some chorizo with the bacon wrap. Also tried some with a little smokie instead of the chorizo. All were good but I think I will have to try this again and maybe get a little blue cheese involved...

I broiled them in the oven.

ward

Shiloh
02-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Chorizo and chicken mole' is a good alternative. Don't forget the cheese.

Shiloh

Twinkiethekid
02-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Baby shrimp and Garam Masala seasoning. :)