PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Trim Pro 2 HELP?

tnavres
01-30-2013, 12:07 AM
This is my first trimmer and I have a few problems.

First when I push the lever down the holder moves towards the cutter but the brass will not go on. the book says to push the brass back and then down, but it doesn't matter what I the case will not go on correctly.

I can put the case into the hold spring clams by sliding the brass in sideways. When I do this and I try to trim the case the brass spins with the cutter head and doesn't cut.

Those are my main two problems. I also have somehow gotten the fine adjustment stuck to the coarse adjustment, and the set screws look like they will stand a few more adjustmets before they become stripped.

Thanks for any help.

Sweetpea
01-30-2013, 12:35 AM
For the first issue, did you double check the shell plate to make sure it is correct? If so, do you have the proper side facing out?

If the shell plate is not in the correct orientation, it can cause the trimmer to hold the brass with less force, leading to the slipping you are seeing.

As far as your adjustments, if you can't get them to work properly, call RCBS and let them know what is wrong. If you need a new part, they will not disappoint with service.

Hope that helps.

tnavres
01-31-2013, 06:20 PM
Yes I looked at the shellplate holder. I have the Trim Pro 2 which has the universal holder and looks like it has spring tension. But I cannot get the brass to slide on. And if i put in a different way, the brass just spins.

P.K.
01-31-2013, 07:04 PM
Does it look like this?

The popular Trim ProŽ case trimmer has been improved with the addition of a spring-loaded universal shell holder. The spring-loaded shell holder securely locks the case in alignment with the cutter. The trimmer is designed for .001” accuracy. Coarse and fine trim length adjustments. Fine adjustment bushing features .001” micrometer markings. The spring-loaded shell holder will accommodate case head diameters from .250” to .625” rims. Case fit is from the 5.7mmx28 to the long range .338 Lapua Magnum. Kit includes pilots: .22, .24, .25, .27, .28, .30, .35, .44 and .45.Note: Cases with rim diameters larger than .625” must betrimmed on the 90352 High Capacity Trimmer
From what I have been able to dig up. The set screw should loosen so you can adjust for the thickness of the rim. Of course I have one of them orange things so it's an educated guess on my part. Someone with a green machine should be able to help more.

tnavres
02-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Yep, thats exactly what I got. I will trying to loosen that screw and see what happens. Thanks for looking that up of me.