PDA

View Full Version : Pieper Martini 44/40 and Daisy Low Wall 32/20.

Four Fingers of Death
07-18-2007, 11:36 PM
I saw these two interesting rifles in a shop in the country while I was tarvelling aorund.

The Pieper is a Martini action it appears and is stamped 44 on the side of the long Octagonal Bbl. The Bbl is in good nick, it has a buckhorn rear sight shaped like a big V. The trigger guard and lever are one and they come away together al la Browning lever rifle style. I has a side hammer which is in the same place as the cadet action, but is raised and can be cocked or decocked using it. The rear of the action has a cleaning rod hole and the lhs of the action near the hinge has a small knurled knob to remove the hinged falling block. It has been re blued and teh wood refinished and a recoil pad put on it. The gunshop owner said it was virtually a junker with a good Bbl so he refinished it. It would be nice for soft lead catsneeze loads I'm thinking. It is reasonably priced, but is not much of a collector's pice being refinished. It would be a 44/40 wand, it is light and well balanced.

The low wall is a Winchester made for Daisy it had Daisy markings on top and Wioinchester markings every else It is completely original and is in 32/30 (marked 32WCF). The guy has not worked a price out yet as he is not sure what it's worth.

It also has a good bore.

Has anyone any knowledge of these?

4060MAY
07-19-2007, 09:03 AM
first one could be a Peabody

http://www.militaryrifles.com/Peabody&M/Peab&Mart.htm