PDA

View Full Version : Moly Powder to Lube?

mike3132
07-18-2007, 11:40 AM
I did a search and didn't come up with a answer so has anyone ever added moly powder to you homemade lube? If so what were your results? Ive got a jar of Cableas Moly Powder and wondered if adding it to lube would help with leading. Thanks, mike

felix
07-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Helps in some situations, and not in others. What is your particular application and gun specs for that application. An expensive solution that does not need to be. Motor mica can do the same job when such as additive is required. ... felix

Scrounger
07-18-2007, 11:50 AM
I did a search and didn't come up with a answer so has anyone ever added moly powder to you homemade lube? If so what were your results? Ive got a jar of Cableas Moly Powder and wondered if adding it to lube would help with leading. Thanks, mike

Lyman is way ahead of you, they already sell one. You might just buy one of theirs and try it. http://www.grafs.com/casting/product/131537

mike3132
07-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Helps in some situations, and not in others. What is your particular application and gun specs for that application. An expensive solution that does not need to be. Motor mica can do the same job when such as additive is required. ... felix

Its for .452 300 grain cast in my 454. Gun is a RSH. I haven't got any other use for the Moly so thought i might add some to the lube and see if it helps with leading. I was just wondering if any of you had already done it and what was the results. Thanks again, Mike

felix
07-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Why are you leading? Boolit too small? Sounds like it. If so, molly or mica will help the leading proposition, but not the accuracy. ... felix

sundog
07-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Mike, I used Ly Super Moly for years before switching over to FWFL, exclusively. The Ly Super Moly is gooooo-ooood stuff. Messy, but good. But it don't beat FWFL, or spending time fitting a boolit.

A fitted boolit and several of the good lubes and you should NOT be leading. Need to find out what's going on first.