PDA

View Full Version : Where did I see Home made stick lube molds????

Trapperscott
01-27-2013, 04:18 PM
I thought I saved the thread where someone had made some home made stick lube molds out of PVC pipe and caps. There was a rod down the center that fit into a washer in the bottom of the mold to hold it in the center.

I wanted to make a few of these this evening and cant seem to find the thread where I saw them. Tried searching for it to no avail. If someone could help me find it I would greatly appreciate it.

Scott

OLPDon
01-27-2013, 04:32 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?83552-Lube-stick-molds-my-version&highlight=Lube%20moulds
Don

Trapperscott
01-27-2013, 04:44 PM
That's the one. Thank you so much Don. I appreciate it.

Scott

geargnasher
01-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Funny how making a thread a sticky makes it invisible sometimes. I've lost threads there myself before.

Gear

OLPDon
01-27-2013, 08:23 PM
Quite welcome Scott, Easy to find with the search (top of Page right side)

Point of intress though most of the time just remelting the lube and pouring it in the sizer is better. Reheating most lubes tend to make a lube better. I guess it has to do with getting the lubes mixed better and polimerizing it and such. If you were to make a lube that had particulars that needed to be distrubeted in the lube via the congealing process then, lube sticks are the way to go.

But if you are like most of us here we just can't let a sleeping dog lie......
Don

Trapperscott
01-28-2013, 12:13 AM
Funny how making a thread a sticky makes it invisible sometimes. I've lost threads there myself before.

Gear

Wow, if it had been a snake, I'd have been bit. LOL. I tried the search function, but I guess I didn't type in the key words for it to pick it up. Gear, I'll try harder next time before asking for help.

OLPDon
01-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Scott
Ask any question on CastBoolits the members here are the best you will find anywere. Not much of any flaming here, those in the know share with all here. Most of any questions have been covered ie search button. The search will give you a indept study of the that quest/question.

Don

PS Welcome to the good addiction........