PDA

View Full Version : Ruger SBH grip screw

ubetcha
01-27-2013, 01:44 PM
HELP!!. I was reinstalling the wood gripes on my 44 Mag Ruger New Model Super Blackhawk from the Pachmyers that were on it.I can't find the screw.Does anyone hopefully know what size this screw is and if it's metric or standard? Also the length? I have not tried shooting with the wood gripes since the Pachmyers were on it when I bought it many-a-moon ago.It sure does look nice with wood.
Thanks
Just a passing thought,what is the twist of the bbl.It measures.5.5in from the forcing cone to the muzzle and if anyone knows,what boolit weight stabilizes the best.

44man
01-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Just call Ruger, might cost you 50 cents.
Twist is 1 in 20" and anything from 240 up will work. 5-1/2" is OK and you should be able to go over 300 gr.
The wood panels might give you pain.

ubetcha
01-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Thanks 44man.I will have to call Ruger anyway.I also noticed that the rear sight pivot pin is missing.I had a scope on it for a little while and put the iron sight back on to try and shoot I.H.M.S.A. revolver class. Either I didn't have it in all the way or it was loose and fell out.I was also considering getting some Hogue grips with finger grooves.There were Pachmyer presentation grips on it.Do you have any experiance with lighter boolits such as the Lee 200gr rn and the Lee 214gr swc? Both are plain base

44man
01-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks 44man.I will have to call Ruger anyway.I also noticed that the rear sight pivot pin is missing.I had a scope on it for a little while and put the iron sight back on to try and shoot I.H.M.S.A. revolver class. Either I didn't have it in all the way or it was loose and fell out.I was also considering getting some Hogue grips with finger grooves.There were Pachmyer presentation grips on it.Do you have any experiance with lighter boolits such as the Lee 200gr rn and the Lee 214gr swc? Both are plain base
The .44 does best at 240 gr and up. Light boolits never reached accuracy the gun can do.
The sight pin can work out. It depends on the spring pressure to hold it. I just use piano wire from a hobby shop to replace it if too loose. Stretch the sight spring a little to add pressure.
Presentation grips are what I use.