PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Folks

EMC45
07-17-2007, 08:05 AM
I have noticed there are a good bit of Ga folks here and was wondering if anyone has any info on an IDPA league/team local to the Macon/Forsyth area? Also if anyone would like to get together and burn some powder some time? Been shooting 25 years and reloading 4 years. Got about a year under my belt with casting. I enjoy it all and learn something new everyday!:-D Just PM me or post it open if anyone has any info thanks, EMC.:castmine:

Blackwater
07-17-2007, 08:28 PM
EMC, it's been a long time now since I shot there, but there is, or maybe WAS (?) a range that may have been LEO just south of Macon just off I-16. Sorry, but can't remember the name of it right now. Like I say, been a long time. Give the Macon City PD a call, and ask for an officer who's on the pistol team, and they should be able to direct you to the ranges in the area. Wish I could help more than that, but this ol' CRS disease has me in its throes, and ... you know.

Barring the Macon area, there's a good, active club in Dublin, which is just over an hour from Macon on I-16. Again, I can't recall the name, and don't recall if they've got a website or not, but I think they very well may have. The winner of the benchrest Super Shoot came from Dublin a few years ago, and they've got some pretty serious shooters there, and some darn good ones, too, I hear. Again, best tactic is probably to call the Laurens Co. (Dublin) Sheriff's Office and ask to speak to one of their pistol team members, or anyone who'd be able to provide you info about any ranges in the area. If you get a less than cordial person on the phone, just try again later when the shift may have changed. Most of them will probably be either professional or outright cordial (the TRUE Southern ones), but since that unpleasantness back in 1865, we've had a bunch'a yanks come in an' spoil some things. HAR!

I haven't shot competition in a long time, now, so haven't kept up with this. Wish I could help more, and if I think of something to add, I'll post back again. Good luck.

In my county (Bulloch), the local college has all but outright BOUGHT the whole dang county, and liberalism reigns like you wouldn't believe here now .... dang it!!! One county politico, and a person with real clout, said some years back that there'd NEVER be a shooting range in THIS county as long as he was alive. As the Lord's Prayer says, "... and deliver me from temptation!" Amen.

The odd thing is, the climate toward shooting "them big rifles" wasn't much better when the county was run by farmers!!! Ain't THAT a shot in the face!

Good luck.

Harpman
07-17-2007, 09:18 PM
I been going up to Riverbend for BPCR....we have a range on Fort Benning to use, but I havent been there in a while..I have a 100 yards here at the house, for muzzle loaders, BPCR, pistols, trap machine, pavers set in the ground for skeet setup.. etc...yur welcome to come over here , Columbus area...some IDPA are shot on Fort Benning, JIm Scouten is always coming here for some kind of shoot.

Uncle Grinch
07-17-2007, 11:04 PM
EMC45,

Dublin Ga. uised to have the Middle Georgia Gun Owners Association IPSC matches at the Twin Oaks Range evry month. I can't get their web site up www.twinoaksrange.com (http://www.twinoaksrange.com) at the moment.

You might try the Georgia IPSC site http://georgiaipsc.com/

Cool Springs Club in Roberta (Knoxville) use to hold matches also.

Eagle Gun Range in Macon offers some action matches also.

Our club currently does not have any action pistol matches, but we do offer other venues. www.marionroad.com (http://www.marionroad.com)

EMC45
07-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Thanks guys keep 'em coming. I neglected to mention this, but I do shoot often in my area. I shoot with a good buddy who is a local detective. He has recently caught the reloading bug and we are shooting a good bit more now. I have heard that Dublin had some shooters and Benning too. I used to shoot at a WMA range in Hawkinsville. But the drive is a drag. Thanks for the IPSC link Grinch, I didn't know it existed.

thegreatdane
05-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Glad to find this (old) thread. I'll be moving to Liberty County here soon. I'm currently looking for a place to live and some shooting buddies.

From what I've seen, this looks like a great place to live.

EMC45
05-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Wow this thread is quite old! Welcome to Ga!

1Shirt
05-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Still hope to be able to spend some time burning powder with you one of these days when I am in the area.
1Shirt!