PDA

View Full Version : Burned my tongue while..............

WILCO
01-26-2013, 07:23 AM
trying to get the marshmallows out of my coffee. :coffee: :roll:

WILCO
01-26-2013, 07:27 AM
Guess I'll stay away from the reloading bench for a bit.

41 mag fan
01-26-2013, 09:47 AM
Ewww marshmellows in coffee?

WILCO
01-26-2013, 09:50 AM
Yep. With hot cocoa, it's quite the jOLt when dumped into coffee.

Trey45
01-26-2013, 09:50 AM
You get your salsa from new york city don't ya.

WILCO
01-26-2013, 09:52 AM

Nope. Why?

Trey45
01-26-2013, 09:55 AM
A reference to a Pace salsa TV commercial. Cowboys are sitting around a campfire drinking coffee out of tin cups, and a cityboy is squirting whippedcream in his coffee. One cowboy asks the other, who's that guy, and get's answered, oh he buys his salsa from NYC.

WILCO
01-26-2013, 10:04 AM
A reference to a Pace salsa TV commercial. Cowboys are sitting around a campfire drinking coffee out of tin cups, and a cityboy is squirting whippedcream in his coffee. One cowboy asks the other, who's that guy, and get's answered, oh he buys his salsa from NYC.

LoL! No, that's not me. I just like something different from time to time.

johnny-appleweed
01-26-2013, 10:10 AM
I would like to know what they do with the caffeine in all that decaf. I want it in my cup!!!

Charlie Two Tracks
01-26-2013, 10:14 AM
So did you dump one of those instant hot chocolate packages into your coffee?

x101airborne
01-26-2013, 10:16 AM
I would like to know what they do with the caffeine in all that decaf. I want it in my cup!!!
They make 5 hour energy's.

texassako
01-26-2013, 10:40 AM
A poor man's cafe mocha of sorts, and just right for doctoring someone elses weak coffee brew.

R.M.
01-26-2013, 11:44 AM
They put it in sodas and anything else they can. I even saw a TV commercial where the put it in women's make-up.

largom
01-26-2013, 11:50 AM
If it's not straight black coffee, well, it's just not coffee.

Larry

km101
01-26-2013, 11:56 AM

And the next line is: "Get a rope!"

Wilco; Glad you dont get your salsa from NYC!!

wallenba
01-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Not so weird. The Canadians across the river from me, put mayonaise and pepper on hot dogs. They like their pickles mushy, with a garlic brine instead of dill. YUK!

cbrick
01-26-2013, 12:03 PM
If it's not straight black coffee, well, it's just not coffee. Larry

Exactly and one of the benefits of MY coffee is that no one else will drink it, something about too strong. I try to explain that if I wanted hot water I would just get it out of the tap.

Marshmallows? In coffee?

Rick

WILCO
01-26-2013, 12:55 PM
So did you dump one of those instant hot chocolate packages into your coffee?

No. Ran out. Need some more.

WILCO
01-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Marshmallows? In coffee?

Rick

Yep. It's real good when they all melt. I usually can't wait that long, hence the reason I burnt my tongue. LoL!

44man
01-26-2013, 01:03 PM
I can't do much more then this! [smilie=l:[smilie=l:[smilie=l:

blademasterii
01-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Used to work midnight shift at a private airport. We made coffee for the early morning flights. Sleepy pilot, Coffee? We point. Comes back wide awake. WHO MADE THE COFFEE? You didnt stir our coffee, you wound it up.

Chihuahua Floyd
01-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Coffee with hot chocolate mix is good. Just don't get the knid with marshmellows. Never liked marshmellows.
CF

runfiverun
01-26-2013, 02:53 PM
i like it that way too, but you do have to get the marsh mallows to melt first.
if you do it right you get the taste of cocoa and coffee at the same time.

we got some cappucino mix that i thought was coffee flavoring.
it does make a good coffee flavoring.
it was/is a stand alone mix, so adding it to coffee was just about the equivelant of making 3 cups of coffee in one.
i made a soda mug full
it took about three day's for my eyeballs to quit spinning in circles.

shoulda read the directions i guess.

stubshaft
01-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Exactly and one of the benefits of MY coffee is that no one else will drink it, something about too strong. I try to explain that if I wanted hot water I would just get it out of the tap.

Marshmallows? In coffee?

If you can't stand a spoon in it. It's not real coffee!

Para82
01-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Way back when I would dump a pack of c-ration cocoa and two or three packets of c- ration coffee and a pack of creamer and sugar in a canteen cup add some water and heat it up in the field. You would be good to go for quite a while!
Para82

oldred
01-26-2013, 03:53 PM
Marshmallows in coffee??? Man there is just something sooooo wrong with that! I'm not sure but I think it's illegal, I mean it's just got to be!

**oneshot**
01-26-2013, 05:06 PM
We use Bailey's around here! lol

xs11jack
01-26-2013, 07:04 PM
A looooong time ago in a far away place I was a dep. Shf. I ran the jail and dispatch on the midnight shift alone. My average was 20 cups of jail house coffee per shift. Go home at 0700 and sleep like a baby. Honest.
Jack

wgr
01-26-2013, 08:10 PM

things that melt(marshmallows) will burn your ton:coffee::-Dgue

snuffy
01-26-2013, 08:46 PM
I once worked part time in my brothers tropical fish store. They had what they called coffee, you could read a newspaper through a glass cupful. I wanted some coffee, so I made a pot myself. My nephew got a cup after I had mine, he said "who made this? It looks like asphalt drive way sealer"! First cup o' joe I had there that was worth drinking. He watered it down by more than half, then drank it.

johnny-appleweed
01-27-2013, 12:42 AM
CAMP COFFEE; You take a 4 quart pan of water on the wood stove, throw a few hands full of coffee in and let boil... When you want a cup of real coffee you pour in a cup of cold water to stop the boiling; the grounds fall th the bottom and you dip out a cup. (dont forget to throw in some coffee after you dip uot a cup)

Gliden07
01-27-2013, 12:49 AM

LOL!!!! A Mocha Latte Coco Chino, sounds like $4.99 at a coffee shop!! "CALL STARBUCKS!!!" :coffee:

Love Life
01-27-2013, 12:52 AM
4 packets of MRE instant coffer, and a chocolate beverage powder. Good for what ails ya, or you can use the instant coffee like dip and put in between your lip and gums...

runfiverun
01-27-2013, 01:04 AM
you'd like the wifes instant coffee made in the perculator then.
holy instant wake-up.

johnny-appleweed
01-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Chocolate covered coffee beans!!! a hand full of them go a long way.

Col4570
01-27-2013, 02:47 AM
A good sized slug of Whiskey in Hot strong black Coffee,hits the spot when I need a boost.Alternately in strong Tea.
Irish Coffee will revive after a days shooting (Strong Hot Black Coffee,one spoon of Sugar a Shot of Jaimisons,warm a spoon in the Coffee,slowly pour double Cream over the back of the Spoon making a suspended layer of Cream.( the sugar is neccessary to give the coffee some viscosity to float the Cream).Drink through the layer of Cream.

gandydancer
01-27-2013, 03:03 AM
Not so weird. The Canadians across the river from me, put mayonaise and pepper on hot dogs. They like their pickles mushy, with a garlic brine instead of dill. YUK!

Yeah and their french fries with white vinegar. YUK.eh? I lived so close to the Canadian border I used to swim into Canada in the summer time.1/2 mile across. they would come (Canadians) over on Friday and sat's to go shopping. us kids always called them the over homers.(my dad was one eh?)

472x1B/A
01-27-2013, 08:36 AM
A few years back the wife and I went to an auction. I was able to get a case of MRE's, cheap. We get home and start going throught them. She says what's this, holding up a packet of instant coffe. Oh, here let me give you an experiance you'll never forget the rest of your life. Well the end result was something like "Oh my god you mean our goverment did this to you guys. That's horrible!

Oh ya, I remember the mud and chocolate mix.

Freightman
01-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Stayed at a camp ground at Lake Isabelle in Colorado that had great coffee the owner cooked breakfast every M-W-F and had a four gallon coffee pot that he sat in the middle of a huge fire pit, melt the spoon if you were not careful. Did I say I like Hot Black Strong Coffee.

Col4570
01-27-2013, 10:34 AM
In the UK we are the same as Canuks when it comes to Chips (French fries)A nice piece of Cod Fried in Batter and some Chips sprinkled with Salt and malt vinegar. Here we call potato chips Crisps.Worked for 6 months in the USA in 1974 Nice country lovely people.

cbrick
01-27-2013, 10:46 AM
you'd like the wifes instant coffee

I am the last one to call for government interference for almost anything but if ever there "should be a law" it would be to ban combining the word "coffee" with the word "instant". Don't know what that stuff is but coffee it ain't. :mrgreen:

Rick

44fanatic
01-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Coffee with the cocoa aint bad. Drank it in Iraq once we finally started getting hot coffee. The coffee came from Turkey so it was pretty bitter.
Before that it was mixing 6 coffee packets, 4 creamer packets and 1 cocoa packet from the MREs in a 1 liter bottle.

Col4570
01-28-2013, 11:46 AM
After WW2 the Germans Where so short of Coffee they would roast and burn acorns and grind them to make Erzatz Coffee.Tried it recently as an experiment, it was passable but bitter.

wallenba
01-28-2013, 07:16 PM
After WW2 the Germans Where so short of Coffee they would roast and burn acorns and grind them to make Erzatz Coffee.Tried it recently as an experiment, it was passable but bitter.

You gotta soak the gounds in water a few changes to get the tannin out. After that you can even make bread if you make it into flour.

Col4570
01-29-2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the tip.The Acorn flour is interesting.Squirells do well on accorns so do Hogs.So tanning is the bitter element in the erzatz coffee.

WILCO
02-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Bump. Sad day here..............out of marshmallows.:(

41 mag fan
02-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Bump. Sad day here..............out of marshmallows.:(

Sounds like whoever buys groceries is in TTTRRRRoouuuble

cbrick
02-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Well this is just great. I already finished the pot of coffee, the pot is in the dishwasher and reading through this thread and now I NEED another cup.

Rick

Dale in Louisiana
02-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Coffee with hot chocolate mix is good. Just don't get the kind with marshmallows. Never liked marshmallows.
CF

I use this trick on the coffee at the office on cold days.

At home on cold days, my standard mug gets a half a shot of amaretto.

dale in Louisiana

TXGunNut
02-03-2013, 04:44 PM
GF's coffee got a shot of Bailey's this morning. I got by with sugar. My coffee pot has never seen a dishwasher, Rick. Hope it never does. Those electric percolators are kinda particular about where you put the water.
Thought for a moment there you were going to say something about chickory, Dale.

DIRT Farmer
02-03-2013, 05:13 PM
On the ambuance station the coffee pot sayed on for the 24 hr shift. When the day drug on into the morning I used whatI found out was called Sapper pudding. To a cup of strong coffee add two packs of instant coffee, pack of instant chocolate and several packs of creamer. It was sometimes enough to get you through another run without going to sleep. Nothing worse than the medic dozing off during the run.

cbrick
02-03-2013, 05:42 PM
My coffee pot has never seen a dishwasher, Rick. Hope it never does. Those electric percolators are kinda particular about where you put the water.

Not a percolator, drip pot and only the pot and filter basket go in the dishwasher. Hope you get yours washed soon, they start to grow green fuzzy stuff inside after awhile. :mrgreen:

Rick

merlin101
02-03-2013, 05:48 PM

I get mine IN NY:(

WILCO
02-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Marshmallows are back!!!!! Just got a giant bag in!!