PDA

View Full Version : Polymer regular thunting ype rifle stock fo AK type rifle ???

Ohio Rusty
01-25-2013, 11:18 PM
If you look at a rifle with a standard hunting-type polymer stock, the stocks are generally a straight stock with a built-in hand grip area behind the trigger. Is there a manfactured polymer straight hunting-type stock that would replace the thumbhole stock and pistol grip handle on the Zastava PAP 7.62x39 AK variant ??? If the thumbhole stock with pistol grip could be replaced with a polymer or even a wood standard hunting type stock ...... that gun wouldn't meet the benchmarks in the current gun ban legislations being pushed upon our senate and congress. I'd be interested in replacement shoulder stock options for the Zastava PAP AK type black rifle.
Thanks in advance .............. Typing with one finger .....sitting at home from just going thru rotor cuff surgery ...... sigh ............ I'm beginning to feel like a potted plant !!!!!
Ohio Rusty ><>

wellfedirishman
01-25-2013, 11:44 PM
A Saiga-style sporter stock would fit on a standard stamped AK receiver, but would not be comfortable as the trigger guard on an AK is farther ahead than that of a Saiga.

bruce drake
01-25-2013, 11:45 PM
Russian Saiga AKs had a stock version like you described. Perhaps a takeoff stock like that would work.

perotter
01-26-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm looking at doing this as I prefer the old fashioned type of stock when I shoot. On Centerfire systems I saw Saiga ones for sale the other day for $15. I think they are for the rifles. But first I'm going to find what I need to move the trigger back.

perotter
01-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Says that they fit all but the .308s. They also have the trigger parts.

http://www.saigastock.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=142&zenid=5b1af65a3e3fa95e8a9c9162acac1f52

They also have the trigger parts.

http://www.saigastock.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=48&zenid=5b1af65a3e3fa95e8a9c9162acac1f52

Ohio Rusty
01-27-2013, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the info Perotter. I sent Saiga an email about their stock fitting my Zastava PAP with one of the Saiga hunting type straight stocks. I appreciate the info you passed along.
Ohio Rusty ><>

HATCH
01-27-2013, 12:44 PM
I can talk to my friend kevin and see if he would be willing to make a stock like you are looking for.
One that would have longer wood under the receiver.
He has made a few dozen buttstocks from scratch that were carbon copies of the original that most people couldn't tell they were not the original

Ohio Rusty
01-28-2013, 12:57 PM
That would be great Hatch !! I received back a response from Saiga and they said their stocks would only fit Saiga products and no other rifles. I started wondering what it would take hand make a stock with a cheekpiece like a decent hunting rifle has. I would be interested in what option your stockmaking friend can offer. If he searches fror a Zastava PAP AK, he can see the current stock on that rifle. I definitely like the straight stock design that Saiga offers.
Ohio Rusty ><>