PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Athens

obssd1958
01-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Some of you may know of this, some not, but I rec'd a link to this video from my State representative, in response to an e-mail that I sent him letting him know my position on any new gun laws.
Although it documents armed insurrection on a local level, it should be a reminder to us all that to do what's "right" is not always to do what's "legal".

http://voxvocispublicus.homestead.com/Battle-of-Athens.html

Take care!

Don

wv109323
01-25-2013, 08:17 PM
What is left of the Bill of Rights is ours to protect. I think that enough of our rights have eroded away to Bureaucrats.

tanstafl10
01-26-2013, 01:59 PM
I have seen this before, but had forgotten about it. Nice of you to remind me. Thanks.
-
It sure gives one pause to consider what our responsibilities might require.

GaryN
01-26-2013, 05:45 PM
The second amendment is not about being able to target shoot or hunt. It is about the right of people to defend themselves against others who would harm them. This includes government when it gets bad enough. As Charleton Heston said "it's the right that all others depend on"(paraphrased). When you call 911 if the police don't happen to show up you cannot sue them. This has been tried before. They're duty is to society as a whole not individually. So you had better have a way to defend yourself.

leftiye
01-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Mouthwash, mushmouth, etc. etc.

obssd1958
01-27-2013, 04:35 PM
Mouthwash, mushmouth, etc. etc.

Sorry, you lost me here...??????