PDA

View Full Version : Some new grips, a new front sight, and some sea bass skin...

Angus
01-25-2013, 01:25 PM
I really wasn't liking the feel of the Hogue monogrip on my model 60, so I bought some sexy wood stocks from eBay. Then I decided my fiber optic front blade was really hurting accuracy, so I got a partridge blade for it. After making it look so classy, my beater black Threeperson's holster just wouldn't cut it. I had bought a sea bass hide from my leather guy a year ago and figured it was about time to play with it. I stuck with the familiar Threeperson's pattern from before but slid the snap farther down the body, did some quick tooling and sea bass overlay. How did everything come out?

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff264/DeathPenalty23/DSC_0762_zpsb06644cc.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff264/DeathPenalty23/DSC_0767_zps1a0e2f21.jpg

BCRider
01-25-2013, 11:43 PM
I'd say that it came out DARN FINE! ! ! !

The wood is almost certainly zebrawood. It looks the same as the grips I made for my Super Blackhawk. It looks as nice with stainless as it does with good blued steel. And those grips look comfy as well.

Angus
01-26-2013, 12:16 AM
I haven't shot it since the upgrades, but I'm planning to tomorrow. The front sight sits quite a bit higher than the fiber optic I had on it, so I may have to take a file to it to get up to zero.

ironhead7544
01-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Nice job. The patridge front sight will improve accuracy in my experience.

429421Cowboy
01-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Very classy! I like it!

Angus
01-27-2013, 09:55 PM
I took it out today and shot four cylinders through it. It was about 5 degrees wind chill today. I need to get used to the new sight picture but I printed two groups of 5 about 1" tall and 3" wide from 12 yards. I'm chocking the horizontal dispersion up to getting used to the partridge blade and shivering like a dog crappin bones. The grips feel WAY better than the slim monogrip and the sight picture is so much cleaner. I can't wait to dump a couple boxes through it to see what I can really do with it.