PDA

View Full Version : Pachmayr Grip

Junior1942
01-25-2013, 12:12 PM
I just shot my 10" octagon T-C 357 minimag (slightly lengthened 357 mag) for the first time with new Pachmayr Decelerator grips. Load was 180 gr LaserCast @ ~1500 fps. Felt recoil was maybe 1/2 of previous felt recoil. I like it!

44man
01-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Good grip. I hate the TC grip angle and many other things about them like fingers bashed. But the Pachmeyer grips really help.
I shot some big calibers in them and think a sledge hammer has less pain. Even a 30-30 shot with one hand made me wince!

Junior1942
01-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Good grip. I hate the TC grip angle and many other things about them like fingers bashed. But the Pachmeyer grips really help.
I shot some big calibers in them and think a sledge hammer has less pain. Even a 30-30 shot with one hand made me wince!I wish I'd bought a Pachmayr grip for my Contender years ago! I have carpal tunnel syndrome in my right, shooting wrist, and shooting my hard-kickin' 357 minimax hurt like h-e-double-L. Even with a Pachmayr grip, this ol' boy is staying away from the super recoil rounds.

44man
01-26-2013, 12:45 PM
I don't know how I escaped problems when shooting. I am 75 and love the big BFR revolvers, the .500 JRH is one I grab most. I have shot heavy loads in the .44 and .45 since 1956 and other guns longer.
It might be I hold tighter and let the guns raise my arms but the .475 from the bench will do a job on a wrist. That thing will TWIST bad.
I just never liked the TC grip. I shot the guns good. Pachmeyer's really made a difference.
I am not recoil sensitive but there are many guns I stay away from. Ultra smooth, shiny, pretty grips on a SA are a few. A show gun is never a shooter. A Bisley will beat my knuckle. No sense in that punishment.
I have large hands and my knuckles look like knees but old Arthur-ritus has not hit me. I tend to believe it has been my choice of grips that has saved me.

9.3X62AL
01-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Hey, Junior--good seein' ya again! The majority of my handguns wear Pachmayr or some other make of neoprene aftermarket grip/panels. I'm no fan of mega-recoil handcannons, either--44 Mag revolvers are about as deep as I go in that pool.