PDA

View Full Version : Not Happy with online retailers

mrblue
01-24-2013, 08:40 PM
So I've been digging around the net for the past hour or so attempting to purchase a Expanding die. I've found them at a few sites no problem. When I went to place an order at one of the sites, they wouldn't let me buy it untill i spent atleast 40 dollars.....well no thank you they will NEVER get any buisiness from me ever. Guess they don't support the little guy. Second one I found i went and purchased it and found a 3 buck "special" handing fee because once again, not a big enough order. What a joke for customer satisfaction.

Kraschenbirn
01-24-2013, 09:08 PM
If you were looking for a Lee Universal Case Expanding Die, Lee Precision had them in stock for $16.98 + $5.25 shipping via USPS. The Lee SKU# is: 90798. You'll always pay full retail buying direct from Lee but their shipping is reasonable and there's never a "minimum purchase" amount.

Bill

sthwestvictoria
01-24-2013, 09:45 PM
I've used titan (one of our sponsors) several times with excellent service and prices, even with getting things to us here in Australia. I don't think there is a minimum postage but then I always order several things at once to save postage costs.

runfiverun
01-24-2013, 10:18 PM
yep you coulda clicked on the link here at the top of the page and went either directly to lee or to titan.
sometimes the 40 dollar minimum saves you 15 bucks in shipping,so you spend 25.00 and get a 15 dollar item free.
or buy the 25 dollar item and pay the 15 bucks in shipping.
you gotta look at all the angels.

bwgdog
01-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Or you can fill out your profile with location so one of us can tell you-Hey I have an extra-meet me at the range!

nwellons
01-25-2013, 08:47 AM
I order regularly from one of the minimum order places. With my shooting and reloading, there is always something else I need. As I think of items I am not in a hurry for (cleaning patches, extra large bottles of Hoppes #9, jags, etc.) I put them on my wishlist. Then it is easy to get up to the minimum price.

Another note, I save solvents, oils, and things like that for the same order because shipping is higher on those type items and you had might as well get a good supply at one time.

Tatume
01-25-2013, 09:22 AM
I order regularly from one of the minimum order places, and they still make me angry. Right now I need a Forster case trimmer pilot, a $5 item. So I added a $20 die that I want but don't absolutely need. When the invoice came up it showed the die in stock, the $5 pilot back-ordered, and separate $5 shipping on each one. Just to be sure of what was happening, I canceled the pilot, put another one in its place that was in stock, and the invoice came up with both on the one $5 shipping. I canceled the order altogether.

I checked at the Forster web site, and they have the pilot I need in stock, so there is no excuse for the retail house to not have it.

It ticks me off that they want to charge me double shipping because they are incompetent and can't keep stuff in stock.

Take care, Tom

winelover
01-25-2013, 09:34 AM
On Friday, 1-11-13, I placed an order with Palmetto State Armory (advertiser on this forum) and am still waiting (2 weeks) for the confirmation shipping e-mail.:takinWiz:

Winelover:coffeecom

Wal'
01-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Shipping is the new cash cow.............

Sasquatch-1
01-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Ain't it great being able to NOT do buisness with a company. Just think if we were in one of the European country where you can only get things from one company.

I often look around the internet with a pen and paper in hand jotting down prices with shipping to find the best deal. You know, 90% of the time they all come out to within a dollar or two of each other. Some have better shipping prices but the price of the object is more or just the opposite.

On Amazon, I often purchase a smaller item that I may have a use for to get their free shipping when availible.

stubert
01-25-2013, 03:16 PM
I just joined Cabella Visa club, FREE shipping on all orders when using thier card. How can you go wrong?

dakotashooter2
01-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Shipping is the new cash cow.............

Seems to be. Often shipping is twice what USPS flat rate service is. I realize you have staff to put it in the box but most stuff can probably be packed and ready for shipping in less than a minute.

Sadly the reason I often can't meet minimum order is the companies fault NOT mine. It's a sad state when you go to place an order and 1/2 of what you want is out of stock/backordered. That's not my fault......................Why should I have to pay for it..