PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to borrow: Bill Goforth's Iver Johnson book

Milsurp Junkie
01-23-2013, 10:52 PM
I just purchased a bag of parts it is an Iver Johnson 3rd model safety automatic in 32 S&W. I can see how many of the parts go together externally, but I need to figure out the trick to reassemble them within the frame. All parts seem there, and with the exception of the rachet, are in wonderful shape minus the nickel coating (which I never cared for anyways...I think an old gun should have a nice dark use patina). I would only need to borrow it for a week at most. The library here does not have a copy, and money is pretty tight right now.

Milsurp Junkie

rintinglen
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
I don't have the book, but take a look at E-gun parts and see if they have an exploded parts diagram for that. I know they have many parts for those old top breaks.

Milsurp Junkie
01-24-2013, 05:52 PM
I tried that, but they have all the parts for all the variations on one page. 22, 32, and 38. I am using it, but it is slow going. I just need to see the actual workings of the 3rd model automatic safety internals. A copy of those pages would be wonderful.

Two Old Dogs
01-25-2013, 11:32 AM
An excellent exploded drawing is located at www.stevespages.com/ipb-iverjohnson-topbreak.html

Milsurp Junkie
01-26-2013, 01:05 AM
Unfortunately that is the 1st or 2 model (blackpowder only). The design changed in number of ways to the third model (smokeless). I am getting closer, but I think the answers lie in that book.

Milsurp Junkie
01-29-2013, 11:34 PM
Anyone have a 3rd model (coil main spring), 4 pins in the bottom 32 S&W they might take some pictures and send to me?

Milsurp Junkie
01-30-2013, 09:21 AM
I just ordered the book on Amazon...If anyone needs any information from it, please feel free to ask!

Dan Cash
01-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Tell your library to get the book through inter-library loan. They can get it.

Milsurp Junkie
01-30-2013, 01:31 PM
I got it on Amazon for $34.67 w/ shipping. I signed up for an Amazon credit card (do enough business on it anyways), and they gave me a $30 credit to my card. Book cost me $4.67.
I ended up buying another IJ 22 revolver today, so I actually need the book for two guns. If I do not find the information on it, I will sell it back on Amazon for close to what paid for it.

MJ