PDA

View Full Version : Large brass reloading

bigboomer
07-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Don't know if the idea is new but I did it anyway. Tired of priming 50-90, 45-75 etc. in the press I looked for some way to use one of the hand squeeze primer gizzys because they are quicker. If you take an RCBS priming tool and grind off the rim on the top of it, the larger size shell holder will slide right in. The underside of the holder may have to be "massaged" a bit to fit the taper on the primer sleeve but Mr. Dremel Tool takes care of that. Saves time. Don't have to fiddle with primers.

powderburnerr
07-15-2007, 11:59 PM
if you have rcbs shell holders RCBS will replace them with ones that will fit the hand priming tool , at no charge... I know they replaced all mine.....Dean

BluesBear
07-18-2007, 07:44 AM
RCBS sent me new shell holders as well. The problem is I only had five that were RCBS because I had previously bought the Lyman 12 pack shell holder set. It only cost about as much as five or six single holders and has almost every size you 'll ever need. It even had ones for .50-70 and .44-40. But of course it didn't have .41 Magnum or .45 Auto Rim. Those I already had in RCBS anyway but they were so old that they didn't have the taper needed to fit the Hand Prime.

I used a sanding drum in my Dremel to enlarge my RCBS Hand Prime so I could use my Lyman shellholders. Then I used the cone shaped grinding head to put the needed taper in my Lyman shell holders.

Now everything works just fine.