PDA

View Full Version : Paging Mr. lloyd Smale

Milton
07-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Lloyd I have read with interest two of your posts.one about your 32 mag revolver and the other about your powder preferences for handguns.To put the two together, what powder(s) do you prefer for your 32 mag and why?

Lloyd Smale
07-16-2007, 05:50 PM
hard to beat bulseye for light loads 231 and hp38 work well too. For heavy bullets at speed i like aa9/wc820 2400 and lilgun in that order. The 32s are one place that i like lilgun it really seems to do well in that case. Much better then in big cases. If i had to live with only two id go with bullseye and lilgun and with the slow powders ive had hands down better accuray using mag primers something i would never have guessed would happen with that little case but after years of experimenting i dont even bother with a standard primer in the 32 loading mag level loads with any bullet weight.

Milton
07-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Thank you very much !!! One of your last statements points out something I just found out about this caliber;the use of mag primers.I have a Ruger that would not shoot a group at all( 3 to 5 inches at 20 yards).I tried all kinds of powder/bullets/crimp types etc and still no good groups.What really set me to thinking was shooting a load of Unique and at someones suggestion using magnum primers.What a huge difference!!
Thank you for your powder suggestions,I guess I need to try some Li'l Gun.

Lloyd Smale
07-16-2007, 07:31 PM
try a 115-120 cast with 10 grains of lilgun and a mag primer.