PDA

View Full Version : Swede and NOE

AggieEE
01-23-2013, 04:09 PM
I ordered one of Swede's 45 small hp molds on Fri and I got it yesterday. It looks great. I think I might have a learning curve with the tilting hp pins as I've never used a mold like that before. Just wanted to give Swede a public thank you and between NOE and Mihec I might never buy a mass produced mold again.
AggieEE

x101airborne
01-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Completely agree. Part of the learning curve can be shortened by lubing the pins where they sit in the slot carriers. For this you could use either bullplate (supplied) or some anti-sieze. No matter what you use, use it sparingly. A half a little dab will do you.

Hook em Horns! HeHeHe.

crawfobj
01-23-2013, 05:15 PM
I'm the same way. Why would I buy a "factory" mold when I can have a work of art by NOE or Mihec?

Btw, glad to see another good Ag on here. Gig 'em!

Artful
01-23-2013, 07:09 PM
And you may have to runner hotter / quicker to keep the pins up to temp.

AggieEE
01-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. x101airbone, do you know a Mike Hessong(sp)? he's about 6'6 and about a thin as a 2x4. If you beat him trap shooting you know you've done something. If you ever get up to San Antonio PM me and let's see if we can do some target shooting. crawfobj the same offer is open to you also. We Aggies have to stick together.:)
AggieEE