PDA

View Full Version : Looks like maybe another shooting, happening now!

oldred
01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Just saw this,

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/22/multiple-shots-reportedly-fired-at-lone-star-college-in-houston/

rockrat
01-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Just heard that it is a "gun free campus" and possibly gang related. Not sure about any injuries at this point.

Edit:Just said two(bystanders?) have been med flighted to area Hospitals. Cause possibly from getting in an argument and pulling weapons on each other.

Edit: Three wounded, possibly one of the shooters, another in custody, and looking for a third

koehn,jim
01-22-2013, 05:13 PM
well at least it was a fight and no assault weapons, if they were gang members let them shoot

hithard
01-22-2013, 05:16 PM
I certainly hope that no inoccent bystanders were injured due to being forced into an unsafe zone.

oldred
01-22-2013, 06:46 PM
When I first posted this all the info said was shooting and collage campus so I expected the worse, if it was only gang members involved then it may not be so bad unless an innocent bystander was hurt. More fuel on the fire regardless, the anti gun types will jump on anything that even sounds like gun violence if it's anywhere near any kind of school.

rockrat
01-22-2013, 06:52 PM
I think it was the innocent bystanders that were hurt the severest.

Doc65
01-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Sad for it to make any knid of national news, it reads to be a very minor altercation. The one student was hospitalized "with a heart attack"

runfiverun
01-22-2013, 08:40 PM
one kid took three bullets.
his uncle had talked to him,and said the kid said he was just walking by and took three hit's.
all three from the front [hmmm] but he's a good kid.
at least that was what i got from the uncles ebonics pronunciation.

AkMike
01-22-2013, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=runfiverun;2020649] but he's a good kid.[QUOTE]

I wonder if that's double speak for "he's only got 1 felony and 3 misdomeanors that are drug related."

MtGun44
01-23-2013, 12:09 AM
gang bangers need to at least have the civility to have their shootouts in
unpopulated areas.

Bill

Charlie Two Tracks
01-23-2013, 09:06 AM
This is a very good example for the NRA to use. I seriously doubt that "registered" guns were used. And it can show that laws or not, guns will end up on campus.

dakotashooter2
01-23-2013, 11:10 AM
You can bet that the media is going to latch on to every single shooting there is until some type of gun legislation is passed. Normally this would be luck to make the inside page of a local newspaper.........

gbrown
01-23-2013, 11:28 AM
That particular section of Houston, Aldine, Greenspoint area has some pretty bad spots in it. HPD and the city council have identified some areas as "gang zones". Just across IH45 from Greenspoint mall is an apartment complex that a year or so ago, HPD was answering calls at on an almost hourly basis. A school maintenance worker was the wounded bystander. My prayers are with him. Front page of the Houston Chronicle.

montana_charlie
01-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Richard Carpenter, chancellor of the Lone Star College System, said the campus is a gun-free zone that "has been safe for 40 years."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/23/multiple-shots-reportedly-fired-at-lone-star-college-in-houston/#ixzz2Ip2QjX9I

Wrong.
Like a house with a fault in the wiring, it may go a long time before the underlying hazard results in disaster.

CM

MtGun44
01-24-2013, 12:31 AM
Turns out it was a single gun. Dumbutt shot the other guy and then himself in the hip, apparently
when putting it back in his waistband. Ran away, got arrested. Guess the ethnicity? Pretty predictable
behavior in certain groups of thugs. Probably a discussion about pharmaceutical marketing that got
out of hand.

How many guesses of kind of gun he used? :bigsmyl2:

Give me a "G"!
Give me a "L". . . . . . . .

Need I continue?

Bill

Harter66
01-24-2013, 02:35 PM
So it wasn't one of those cheap "Saturday night specials" all the junkies use?

I'm sooooo not shocked.....

captaint
01-24-2013, 06:12 PM
When this was beginning to take shape, the news stations cut in on programming to cover it - until they learned what really happened. Later, it was like - what shooting ? where ?. No story AT ALL. Didn't shape up like the story THEY wanted to tell. No mention whatsoever later in the day. These people make me sick - every day.... Mike

troyboy
01-25-2013, 06:09 PM
It does not promote the agenda. No need for the media to cover facts only bias for a utopian liberal society where the wealthy elitist rule and the poor and improvished create more wealth for the ruling class.