PDA

View Full Version : Any way to prevent myself shopping?

PS Paul
01-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Mods, this may be in the wrong spot..... So I have been doing a lot of business with others on this swap n' sell area. Is there any way for me to place a temporary "order of restraint" on myself so I don't keep buying more and more stuff from all the great folks on this site? ha-ha!!! I'm goin' broke!!

Thanks to all who have helped me out and traded/swapped/sold with me. I have had ZERO issues in over two dozen transactions and I imagine there is NOWHERE else on the web or the planet where this level of trust can work for all involved!

Thanks to the Castboolits family for making this possible!!!

PS Paul

lastborn
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
I agree

tomme boy
01-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Tell your wife. That ought to do it!

novalty
01-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Instead of viewing this website go to GB, the price should slow you down.

frkelly74
01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
I have this gun I want to sell.... Pictures coming up. Hehehe!

IIJSavoy
01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Got the same problem...keep spending my lunch money.

Bagdadjoe
01-22-2013, 03:46 PM
(1)Place arms around flag pole. (2)Empty contents of Super Glue onto left palm. (3) Clasp hands tightly together for 30 seconds. Problem solved. But first, place porta-potty with sitting distance....oops.

TNsailorman
01-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Its a great family on here and getting better all the time. You do understand there is no cure for the desease that you have contracted, don't you? james

alrighty
01-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Mods, this may be in the wrong spot..... So I have been doing a lot of business with others on this swap n' sell area. Is there any way for me to place a temporary "order of restraint" on myself so I don't keep buying more and more stuff from all the great folks on this site? ha-ha!!! I'm goin' broke!!

Thanks to all who have helped me out and traded/swapped/sold with me. I have had ZERO issues in over two dozen transactions and I imagine there is NOWHERE else on the web or the planet where this level of trust can work for all involved!

Thanks to the Castboolits family for making this possible!!!

PS Paul
The only cure is too give all that you have bought on here away.You can P.M. me for my address.:-D

Catshooter
01-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Paul,

I did my best to keep you from buying one of my moulds . . . not! :)

Cat

boltons75
01-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Just don't pay your internet, or cellular bill. Should slow you down a bit.

farmallcrew
01-22-2013, 06:32 PM
I hear that. Unplug the computer!!! I would do that too. But I'm on my Droid right now so its had not to get online.

This is a great family here.

HiVelocity
01-22-2013, 06:36 PM
I, for one, am grateful for all those who support each other everywhere on this website, not just the Swapping and Selling forum. I just received my "Cheaper Than Dirt" catalog and if you open the catalog to the ammunition pages you'll note that there are NO prices! Just a notation to check the website for price and availability. Count your blessings!

HV

K-Rod
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM

What's wrong with you????!!! I have my wife convinced this site is about fishing. I would be in deep you know what if she knew how much I've spent here since becoming a member & it hasn't been that long!!!

That being said, I have to agree with the others. This is by far the best community of "Forum Family" I've had the pleasure of being in.

RED333
01-22-2013, 06:39 PM
ya have to do what I do, just not log in for a few days,
only when I do log in it is first place I go.
I tried my OL, but She is smart, knows to buy a deal
when She sees it, yall should see the stuff She buys.
Rings and stuff, gold and silver, God I do Lover Her.

S&W-629
01-22-2013, 06:52 PM
I dont have that problem im flat broke lol

root
01-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Don't worry what you or others arn't buying I am.

Bought 3 K of 9mm and the wife said COOL load it up.

NOW JUST HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO STOP WITH A WIFE LIKE THAT?

I will say this:
EVERYTHING in moderation including MODERATION!

Beagle333
01-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Pm sent in case the first buyer backs out! [smilie=1: Wait... what's for sale? I missed something, maybe?
anyway.... do you take PayPal? :roll:59299

I can quit any time I want to.... I just don't want to.

BrassMagnet
01-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Another Merrry Christmas, Part II has ended. It's time to start "Happy New Year!"

PS Paul
01-22-2013, 11:10 PM

She thinks I am just selling stuff only. Little does she know. Now I have to bring stuff home in a plain brown wrapper and hide it near the door so she doesn't see. Har har. Maybe you're on to somethin', Tom?

41 mag fan
01-23-2013, 02:24 AM
PS Paul

Yes there is a way...get booted off the site!! problem solved!

Fomdiddle
01-23-2013, 07:08 AM
Do like me, join CBSTA. Cast boolits Swappers and Traders Anonymous. All us addicts need each other. Fom

BrassMagnet
01-23-2013, 08:10 AM
I believe we are all meeting in this thread!

Rooster
01-23-2013, 09:26 AM
All my big stuff goes to the wife's workplace for delivery. Screwed the pooch for secure delivery. I'd worry about it but she is the professional shopper, not me.

It is a nice place we have here, thanks to the founder, moderators and of course all of us that keep it that way. Shooters tend to be OK but casters are "special". Could be the heavy metals level.

azrednek
01-23-2013, 02:38 PM

That is my most effective method!! "oh no not another" or "how many ______ (bullet molds, guns, reloading tools etc) do you need" curtails my spending. After a package arrives I hear everything from floor tile, new curtains or another car is badly needed.

Any Cal.
01-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Buying isn't so bad, it is hoarding that ties up lots of money. Sell less used stuff to make money for new. Lots would appreciate the chance to buy some of this stuff, and you don't look at your reloading/casting equipment and think, "I could have bought a car/watch/boat/rv with that money".

txnative1951
01-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Yes there is a way...get booted off the site!! problem solved!

A bit more difficult over here than over at TheHighRoad.org. Over there, all you have to do is suggest that the 2nd Amendment is absolute, all firearm laws that came after it are unconstitutional, and that we have no legal nor moral responsibility to follow them and those slippery slope censors over there will ban you.

Now with respect to the OP's "problem", it's probably solvable, but I'll need to know what sort of PC he is using, the browser, firewall, router, etc... We can probably set up a redirect so that whenever he tries to go to this site, he ends up on Disney or something... :)

PS Paul
01-24-2013, 07:30 PM
So today I left work early and the very first thing I do is log on to the site. Then--- swap n' sell! ha-ha! I am going to try learn a little "self-control", I suppose because I can't bear the thought of having to share my spending habits with my wife, you know??

Now, back to lookin' at some more molds!!!

**oneshot**
01-24-2013, 08:21 PM
We have a rule in this house to prevent such impulse buying. It's called the "shiny rule", every time she buys some shiny jewelry, I get to buy a shiny new toy.
So far it has resulted in a bigger jewelry box, and a bigger safe/reloading area/casting area.

Can't say it prevents the buying but we are both happier in the end.

ace11golf
01-24-2013, 09:29 PM
It's as if I wrote that myself. So many good deals and people behind them. Each transaction has been smooth.

William Yanda
01-24-2013, 11:03 PM
I have heard that putting your credit cards in a quart of water, in the freezer will help.
Best of luck, and thanks for the heads up that more stuff will be available for me.
Bill

oldtoolsniper
01-24-2013, 11:19 PM
Just make sure you use something clear when you freeze it that way you can still read the numbers though the nice clear ice!

Love Life
01-24-2013, 11:43 PM
Send me your money. I'll spend it for you!!

Catshooter
01-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Paul,

Your mould is getting closer and closer . . .

Cat

Stephen Crawford
01-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Get a Divorce. You won't buy anything for years. :(:(:(

Steve