PDA

View Full Version : Bair loading press

salpal48
01-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Several years ago I came across a Brown Bair 3 H style press .I recently found out Bair made a automatic priming attachment for this. Does anyone know anything about them . How they work and how they attach .From an old photo it looks like it was mounted in the rear of the machine.
Can anyone help

Wayne Smith
01-22-2013, 12:58 PM
I too have a Brown Bair. I would love to find one of the primer setups, but ain't holding my breath!

salpal48
01-22-2013, 03:26 PM
I guess there not easy to come by. I got mine @ a gun show somebody repainted it and it was Frozen up for the longest time . paint got under the lower cam roller . I cleaned most of it out but it still binds up every now and then. With all my old Machines I never repaint. Just clean the rust and go.At the moment I'm looking for a Kodiac Bair with the primer set up. There around and I'm just looking. I,m trying to find a detail drawing or original instruction manual. showing it. So far no luck.
I, tried other priming posts, CH, Hollywood and Dunbar but the size or threads don,t match up.

Pressman
01-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Mine has the primer attachment. They are what passed for unbreakable plastic in the 1970's. So finding one intact today will be quite a find. I do not have a primer tube for it. The tube is unique to this press.
Ken

salpal48
01-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info