PDA

View Full Version : Decaping die

hunting270
01-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Anyone have a Lee on size fits most decaping die they don't need? Let me know please.

P.K.
01-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Sorry that's one of the things I just don't see not having a need for, however if by chance you can't find one here, try here:

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=0000690292

BTW, welcome to Cast Boolits!

hunting270
01-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Several websites have them. Went to Cabelas today and they don't have anything. Just seeing if anyone had one they don't need.

rmatchell
01-21-2013, 10:33 PM
You can try amazon

LUBEDUDE
01-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the forum PK.-edit- should be hunting270

Try Titan at the banner at the top of the page.

support our sponsors

Oops! sorry PK, I did not scroll up far enough to check for the name for the welcome.

P.K.
01-22-2013, 07:07 AM
Welcome to the forum PK.

Try Titan at the banner at the top of the page.

support our sponsors

Thanks, I am, Lee Precision. http://leeprecision.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1 Please note the status of the items on hand.

Regards,

boltons75
01-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Or look into the Harvey hand held deprimer..

oldtoolsniper
01-22-2013, 11:13 AM
My recommendation is to avoid the Lyman universal de-primer. They seem to average about six cases before the pin snaps. Mine made it to ten.. They said replacement pins are only $3.95 and most folks order two..

I have a lee and a Harvey I use the Harvey the most on range stuff.

OOPs I forgot I have a broken Lyman as well. They do not replace the pins for free even if it breaks in the first ten cases.

Go here to read about The Harvey.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?123909-Harvey-Deprimer

1Shirt
01-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Wouldn't trade my lee!
1Shirt1

oldtoolsniper
01-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Nice thing about the lee is the pin will push up rather than break in most cases. Whatever route you take get an extra pin because it you don't it will break and you will be waiting for a new one. This includes the Lee and the Harvey I have broke them both too.

Bonz
01-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Just bought my Lee universal deprimer from Amazon and the seller shipped immediately from Florida

oldtoolsniper
01-22-2013, 12:53 PM
If you're doing any Military/Law Enforcement crimped at all make sure you get an extra pin.

Wayne Smith
01-22-2013, 01:17 PM
I find my RCBS universal decapper very useful to decap dirty range brass prior to putting them in my polisher. Don't have to worry about lead in the dust that way.

hunting270
01-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Found one on ebay.

WyrTwister
01-28-2013, 10:30 AM
Anyone have a Lee on size fits most decaping die they don't need? Let me know please.

Sorry , I use mine almost every time I load . I am slowly buying enough to leave one in station # 1 of each of my Lee LoadMaster 5 hole turrets .

Recluse
01-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Wouldn't trade my lee!
1Shirt1

Me neither.

Thing is, I don't use it (Lee de-capper) all the time, but no way would I sell it or give it away. I also have a (Lee) hand set that has the base and a decapper rod that you use a mallet and whack the spent primer out with. I use that for stubborn or really stubborn LE/mil-crimped brass.

I gave well under $10 for that Lee de-capper a while back and it was a great investment.

Nice thing about the lee is the pin will push up rather than break in most cases. Whatever route you take get an extra pin because it you don't it will break and you will be waiting for a new one. This includes the Lee and the Harvey I have broke them both too.

Yep. I've never broken a Lee de-capper and that is one reason why I like Lee full-length resizing dies so well. On the odd occasion where I run into crimped or berdan primed brass, the decapping pin simply slides up in the compression nut rather than breaking.

I've known reloaders who have broken them, however, because they torqued that compression nut down so tight so it WOULDN'T slide up--which defeats the entire purpose of the design. [smilie=b:

:coffee:

Forty Rod Ray
01-28-2013, 07:27 PM
My vote is to FSReloading...

'74 sharps
01-28-2013, 07:54 PM
I find my RCBS universal decapper very useful to decap dirty range brass prior to putting them in my polisher. Don't have to worry about lead in the dust that way.

Same here. I've decapped about 11,000 rounds and have yet to break a pin with the RCBS.

WyrTwister
01-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Me neither.

Thing is, I don't use it (Lee de-capper) all the time, but no way would I sell it or give it away. I also have a (Lee) hand set that has the base and a decapper rod that you use a mallet and whack the spent primer out with. I use that for stubborn or really stubborn LE/mil-crimped brass.

I gave well under $10 for that Lee de-capper a while back and it was a great investment.

Yep. I've never broken a Lee de-capper and that is one reason why I like Lee full-length resizing dies so well. On the odd occasion where I run into crimped or berdan primed brass, the decapping pin simply slides up in the compression nut rather than breaking.

I've known reloaders who have broken them, however, because they torqued that compression nut down so tight so it WOULDN'T slide up--which defeats the entire purpose of the design. [smilie=b:

:coffee:

Guilty . :-(

God bless
Wyr