PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 352K

richhodg66
01-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Picked one of these up today. Nice little rifle and in good shape. It doesn't want to feed and the magazine was real hard to load. I could only get five rounds in it and it is obviously designed to hold more, I'd guess 10 from the length of it.

This one had the feature of a magazine that allowed the rifle to use shorts, longs or long rifles. I admit, the follower is funny looking and had me scratching my head. Is there some trick to getting this magazine to work?

Havlin sales has the magazines listed but they are backordered. I ordered a couple anyway, just because I like to have a spare or two for such things. I'm hoping I can just take it apart, clean it up thoroughly and that will fix the problem.

Any advice?

Mk42gunner
01-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Try not to bend anything when first taking the mag apart, unless you see something that is obviously wrong. You don't want to detroy the only one you have, at least until you can (maybe) get the backordered ones.

Sounds to me like you are on the right track, if a magazine is hard to load, it stands to reason that it will be hard for the bolt to strip a round out of it to feed.

It seems to me that some of the Mossberg .22's had seven round mags, but I'm not 100% positive on that.

Robert
Robert

nhrifle
01-22-2013, 12:50 AM
I bought one of these awhile back and it's a great little shooter, but like you, I can't get the mag to feed either. The nose of the cartridge gets hung up on the edge of the chamber and is deformed. I just use mine as a single shot.

richhodg66
01-22-2013, 10:13 PM
A good cleaning is in order, though it doesn't seem too bad. Hopefully that will solve it. Failing that and a new magazine, I'll dig deeper. I joined up at rimfire centralyesterday, seems to be a lot of institutional knowlege on theseold Mossbergs there. Hopefully, I'll get it solved.

I really kinda picked this up becuase the wife wanted it. She shoots now and then but is real recoil shy, kind of figured about the best home defense gun she could handle until I work with her a lot more is a .22 rifle. Truthfully, it's probably not a real bad choice for anybody. Hope I can get it to function reliably or it'll be back to that drawing board.

I'm not out much anyway, the gun didn't cost much. I sure like the older .22s better than newer stuff and this will be a learning experience if nothing else.

mwk1975
02-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Mossberg makes some nifty old .22s, I really like my 46m, and my 142-a which is a bolt action that should be similar to yours, looks like the same magazine as well, mine's a 7 shot.

http://rstmanuals.ecrater.com/p/12483062/mossberg-352k-b-instruction-manual-hang#

Looking at a pic of the hang tag, it's a 7 shot in the 352.