PDA

View Full Version : Question about powder measure and powders

rmatchell
01-21-2013, 03:02 PM
I have been using my lee pro auto disk on my other presses, and the more I use it the more I don't like it. As a practice Ill weigh every tenth charge. Now I will say that alot of it may be what few different powders I use. So far I have stuck with win231, clays, and unique with unique being the pain. It just seems to drop all over the place and for some calibers I don't mind since I don't load hot and I am far enough from the max. When I load 380's I have to weight each charge and even 9mm im still checking very often. So I guess my question is really is there anything I can do different or a different powder I that will drop better. As I said I check my work but I don't like to not trust my equipment.

rmatchell
01-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Posted in wrong section, had to many windows open again.

Wayne Smith
01-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Do a search on Unique. There have recently been several threads with this theme. It has a history of binding in powder measure delivery systems. My recommendation is to visually check every cartridge when measuring Unique and assume it will bind along the way. I limit my use of it to my Belding and Mull or, more recently, maybe a Pacific/Hornaday Pistol Powder measure. I'm not sure about that one yet.