PDA

View Full Version : Lee 380acp powder through expander crushing case mouths

CiDirkona
01-21-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm having a problem with my Lee 380acp powder-through-expanding die crushing case mouths. It seems that the powder drop tube diameter is pretty wide, and so the case has to be PERFECTLY lined up on it in order for it to function correctly. Is there something else I can/should be doing?

I could go with a universal expander and charge by hand with a funnel or powder measure, but that seems a bit more hassle than having a working powder-through-expander die functioning.

Thanks in advance!

MT Chambers
01-21-2013, 04:39 PM
The press should cause everything to line up properly, or faulty/worn design. If it is out of line, some other functions will not be "in line", usually only a problem if looking for top accuracy.

CiDirkona
01-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Well, I'm only looking to be able to reload successfully! Has anyone tried chamfering the edges of the charging/flaring tube?

Roundnoser
01-22-2013, 06:13 PM
what brass are you using?

CiDirkona
01-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Mixed. It's not the issue with the brass though. The powder drop/expander tube seems to just not have a narrow enough center portion of the chamfering/expanding portion, so it has to be PERFECTLY centered by hand each time for it to hit the expander without crushing in. I don't have the same problem in any other caliber/die set I have.

gunoil
01-23-2013, 08:39 AM
if you know for sure, no alignment send it in! Dont embarass youself! They will send you new stuff.