PDA

View Full Version : RCBS lubrisizer 2...

Del-Ray
01-20-2013, 07:04 PM
So one of these just came into the shop, still has the .452 sizer and a RN top punch installed. Looks to be in good condition. Is it worth my time to buy this for a second dedicated press for my soft lubes and leave the new Lyman with the heater for the hard ones?

I worked ten hours last night, and 6 today in the shop so hitting the sack now. Later I've check to see if all the punches and size dies are interchangable. Heck, I might just buy it to lube my 45's if that's all it can do.

Just wondering if it's a solid press. It looks it!

Thanks.

dragon813gt
01-20-2013, 07:39 PM
All the dies/punches are interchangeable. If the price is right, buy it. Nothing wrong with having sizers with different lubes in them.

Nocturnal Stumblebutt
01-20-2013, 09:16 PM
I have one, I love it, from everything i've read the body casting is more solid than on the new Lyman 4500s

Del-Ray
01-21-2013, 01:36 AM
Oh the price will be VERY right seeing as I'm the guy that will be pricing it!

Bwahahahahahaahaha!!! Er..... Just clearing my throat.

Yeah, I'm thinking 50 bucks, that's the press the sizer and the top punch. Maybe 40 just to make sure I'm not cheating myself....

Mk42gunner
01-21-2013, 02:00 AM
I don't know-- The last Lyman 450 with factory heater and a .452 die and 374 top punch that I bought cost me $7.50. I love to go to auctions where people have no idea what something is worth. Okay I got really lucky that day.

I really do not like changing lubes in a sizer, so anything up to about 3/4 retail would be worth it to me just to avoid that chore.

Robert