PDA

View Full Version : Movin'

armoredman
07-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Well, every good thing must come to and end, and fortunately, this ain't one of them. Living here in trailer hell has been bad enough, but I finally get to move out to a place somewhat more progressive, and services a little bit closer, (i.e., not 15 miles one direction for WalMart!), and maybe fewer power/water outages.
After a few tries to get the time early in the AM, (temps are in the 100s on my porch by 9AM), to get started, (ESPECIALLY after all the wonderful help you guys have given!!!), I gave up, and got everything packed up. Got about two more weeks before the big day, but the new place has a covered, shaded porch with enough room for a sheet of plywood to cast on. As SOON as we get settled in, I will post pictures of the casting area, as the incredible generosity shown on this board certainly deserves no less.
So, a hiatus before I could get started, (but I couldn't pass this opportunity to leave this "burg"), but I wanted to let those who have been so kind know that I havn't dropped off the face of the earth..just buried in moving boxes. I had no idea she had so many pairs of shoes!!!!
That reminds me, in the spirit of the generosity poured my way, I discovered a set of Lee 45 ACP dies, no shellholder. I packed them for now, but they are the three die set, IIRC, carbide. Anyone here need them? I don't have a 45 ACP...don't remember where the heck they came from!

Lucky Joe
07-13-2007, 09:25 PM
armoredman,

I could use the dies, let me know what you want for postage and I'll get to you where you are or at the new place. I have moved several times and don't envy you the job, but I am glad it is a move for the better. Good luck and look forward to seeing you back here. I do not post much but do visit here several times a day and always enjoy what everyone including you have to say.

MT Gianni
07-13-2007, 09:37 PM
When the latest Wal-Mart moved in at only 30 miles away I thought it was getting too crowded. I wish you the best in your new location. Gianni

walltube
07-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Trailer hell? Are you in a FEMA box?..... hee-hee..

Good luck to you and G-D speed.

Wt.

Bullshop
07-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Are you saying 15 miles one way to wallymart is bad? Man that is way too close. Where theres wallymarts theres people, lots of um. I dont want to be nowheres near that close to all them wally maggots. Yup I gotta love um, the good book says so. I can love um way better from afar off. Its about 140mile from my house to the nearest wallymart n thats jusabout right. I feel real sorry for all them thats afraid to leave the ant pile. But then most of um think I am goofy and I dont know that they aint right.
BIC/BS

armoredman
07-13-2007, 11:57 PM
AT least nobody will move behind me - that's a water tower. Kinda convienent in SHTF scenario...
140 miles? Betcha you get TICKED if you forget your list...:)
LuckJoe, I'll dig 'em out at the new place. Leave me an addy in a PM.
I had no idea I had this much JUNK! Not even good stuff, plain junk! :)

Lee
07-14-2007, 12:03 AM
BullShop, I like your way of thinkin'. Me? Born too late(or too early, depends[smilie=1: ), just a little too couched in the creature comforts that "civilization" offers or I'd be your neighbor.....40 or 50 miles away that is!:-D
As it is, my nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile. :(
But at least what I got is mine, and none of 'em will get any closer!:-D

Good luck on the movement, and remember "This too shall pass"
(Still unpackin' boxes from our last move 17 years ago.............Lee;-)

No_1
07-14-2007, 06:10 AM
Heck, the first thing I unpacked from my move last Jan. was the reloading stuff. Got to have prioritys don't we?

USARO4
07-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Armoredman, congrats on the move. What part of the world are you relocating to? BullShop,my sentiments exactley.

armoredman
07-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Casa Grande. Equidistant, (about 10 miles), between two ranges, one FREE. Right now the closest range is 20.5 miles one way.