PDA

View Full Version : Remington 300 Blackout

DCP
01-19-2013, 12:34 PM
I have a Remington 300 Blackout bolt action coming next week

I have a Question about scope mounting.

What is the advantage of Picatinny/Weaver rail on bolt gun? Other than a quick change of scopes.

I have a Nikon Monarch Rifle Scope 4-16x 42mm Side Focus Mil-Dot Reticle scope to mount on it

I have a Leupold 2 piece mount and rings that will fit it. So there is no extra cost

Thanks

Firebricker
01-21-2013, 02:48 PM
The only other advantage I can think of would be you might get a little more adjustment setting eye relief. FB

Nobade
01-30-2013, 08:42 AM
If it is a tapered rail you can shoot farther. Oh, if it is properly attached (stress free) to the receiver your scope rings will be lined up and not putting stress on the scope.

Lloyd Smale
01-30-2013, 03:19 PM
thats the problem with one piece mounts they rely on the mount screws being drilled perfectly and its rarely the case in a production rifle.
If it is a tapered rail you can shoot farther. Oh, if it is properly attached (stress free) to the receiver your scope rings will be lined up and not putting stress on the scope.

Nobade
01-30-2013, 08:58 PM
That is why you epoxy bed them if there is any stress in it at all. After you do that the mount drops on like it is made for that particular receiver. Because it is!