PDA

View Full Version : Mihec 359-640

daljam1
01-18-2013, 01:41 AM
Hello All,
New guy here and just received my Mihec 359-640, with the hp pins in place I am seeing light through the mold like the pins are not allowing full closure of the mold. This occurs with any of the pins hp, penta, flat, I am relatively new at this and could very well be doing something wrong any input would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jim

Forrest r
01-18-2013, 08:09 AM
Try loosening the small rods that hold the hp pins in. After a little use the rods will fit/settle in (break in period).

These are fantastic molds/boolits. I've just started to experiment with mine & different alloys. I can't say enough good about the ability of these bullets to be able to be fine tuned for hp/alloy combos along with the 2 different seating depths to fine tune the boolits for accuracy.

uaskme
01-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Lube the rods and loosen them. If you want to check the blocks. Take the pins out and see if the blocks close. If you run the pins tight they will bind. Putting the mold thru a few heat cycles helps. If you will rub the pins with pencil lead it will help the boolits to drop. After you used it some you will learn what works. There is a learning curve.

daljam1
01-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the input, the problem was that there were some small burrs on the hp pins from where they were drilled for the rods that hold them. Cleaned these up and the mold works great.

Jim