PDA

View Full Version : That's it.....I am done for.

FISH4BUGS
07-11-2007, 07:14 PM
I went grocery shopping this afternoon after work and parked in the lot. I got out of the car and looked down at a honkin' big truck wheel weight probably six inches long. I snapped it up and started thinking how many 9mm's I could get out of it. To what depths have I fallen?
Pathetic..........simply pathetic.........

Uncle Grinch
07-11-2007, 07:32 PM
I understand... Been there, done that...so many times my wife actually will pick them up (if nobody is looking!!)

45nut
07-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Nope,, yer a typical cast boolit type. Now,, if you had pried the weight off the truck wheel.....

dubber123
07-11-2007, 07:33 PM
6 inch weight you say. Hmmmm.....All right wheres the parking lot, I'm willing to travel! I caught my nephew about to throw away a small handful of weights last weekend, and I almost broke his arm wrestling them away. You are not alone, and there is no hope for a cure. (Except maybe the government saving us from ourselves).

jawjaboy
07-11-2007, 07:44 PM
You a good man FISH ! Good man! Not pathetic though. Jes smart!

357maximum
07-11-2007, 08:06 PM
You just migh be a castboolit freak if:

You have ever put your passengers into the dash to pick up a ww along the freeway.

You gleam at ww's at the truckstop, and start to think...oh othermind

You have ever dug semi exposed lead pipe out of the ground on your own time after work.

You start watching yardsales for pewter cups and such

you spend more than 10 minutes on ebay looking at molds you already looked at yesterday

You spend more on you boolit trap than 200 rounds of boughten ammo would cost

You have ever went back with a prying tool to retrieve a ww from an asphalt parking lot

You have more molds than all the females you know have shoes (combined)

you have ever been caught with a screen box/bucket/and shovel at the range

you have ever traded a rifle for molds

Blammer
07-11-2007, 08:32 PM
LOL!
too funny!

The Dust Collector
07-11-2007, 08:41 PM
I cann't help myself either. My little grandsons were over for the last 2 days. This morning about 8:30 we went for a coaster wagon ride. They love doing this as do I! On the way back we were about to pass the Goodyear tire shop aanndd I just had to stop in to see if......Well they did. A full 5 gallon bucket full. We managed to find room in the wagon and the boys didn't mind a bit. I suppose that I could of waited untill I got home and came back with the truck. I thought to myself, Self," He who hesitates is lost ". I've been getting competition with the WWs. $10.00 for the bucket. Latter I brought the bucket back in the truck.
DUST

kodiak1
07-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Jeez 357 read that and broke out into a serious sweat.
I think I hav e a problem am am I a a a CASTAHOLIC???????????
Ken.

USARO4
07-11-2007, 09:10 PM
357max, priceless!

454PB
07-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Dust Collector.....your grandkids will remember that when they are 50 years old!

GP100man
07-11-2007, 11:56 PM
my name is GP100 man and im a castaholic!!!!!!

357maximum
07-12-2007, 12:17 AM
I think we all have issues...isn't it great?:drinks:

Nothing but a bunch of enablers here, this is not a join and get better/or over it deal in case you were not paying attention. There are no 12 steps or nothing like that, just accept the fact that you are screwed and carry on.

BTW...the list was only the ones I was willing to share, the rest may draw shame/ridicule or cause a scandal. Would not want anyone to think less of me...hee hee

snowtigger
07-12-2007, 04:07 AM
I've got to spend a lot of tomorrow rendering about 10 buckets of WW. It's been laying there all last winter and now, half the summer. Hope I have enough propane. I promised SWMBO I would clean up that area of the yard.
I got her to let me off on the sheet lead. I'll do the chunks and save the sheet lead for later. I'm afraid the source of the sheet lead has dried up. WW are next, I suppose.

black44hawk
07-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Many a rifleman has arrived at the range to find that, no, someone is not setting up their target, they are "panning" for lead in the backstop. I love it right before gun season you get pounds of shotgun slugs out there. At least I can tell some of my liberal friends that I have recycled more metal than they!

45 2.1
07-12-2007, 08:04 AM
BTW...the list was only the ones I was willing to share, the rest may draw shame/ridicule or cause a scandal. Would not want anyone to think less of me...hee hee

Yep, it sounds like he has done all that............and more. Oh, if the walls could talk. :mrgreen:

EMC45
07-12-2007, 09:13 AM
I thank God I'm not the only one. I have seen them on the Highway out of the corner of my eye and debated stopping. That is sick!

jawjaboy
07-12-2007, 09:38 AM
or.....

You find yourself having your own private ww detrashing tailgate party.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/jawjaboy/IM000278-1.jpg

scrapcan
07-12-2007, 10:42 AM
jawjaboy,

you are hiding the home made beer in that picture too aren't ya. My wife thinks me bein in the grage with a bucket of wheel weights and a bottle of home brew is the best place to keep track of the little boy within.

All,
I have an uncle that was told by his doctor that he needed to get out and walk to help keep himself in shape. The doctor suggested strolling in the mall. My uncle said I have a better idea. Strolling with a bucket and a modified plier in the junk yard! That would be addiction, as long as he has that one covered I will not have too stoop to that level.

kodiak1
07-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Dust Collector not "YOUR GRAND KIDS at a tire shop" man I thought I had it bad I only have mine help mine the berms at the range as well as scavage brass out of the brass barrels. He's ten and he can crawl right in it looks so cute.............................................. ............................................... O NO !!!!!!!!"I have the get the grandkids involved syndrome to"!
Is there any help that a person can recieve for this like a Castors Annonimus group meeting?

I may have to start going back to church and confess my sins.
Ken

357maximum
07-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Strolling with a bucket and a modified plier in the junk yard! That would be addiction, as long as he has that one covered I will not have too stoop to that level.

My "recycled auto parts dealer" do not call him a junkman...trust me on that...handed me his fancy pliar tool and said "go get em" so I did, need to go again, he is getting ready to crush..normally about 15 gallons worth, and worth the 3hours to do it in my opinion.

burr7870
07-12-2007, 11:27 AM
What if you buy the molds & components before the gun?

I'm afraid I may have a problem also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

357maximum
07-12-2007, 11:33 AM

OOOOOH I missed an easy one...you are not alone, you are not alone

FISH4BUGS
07-12-2007, 01:57 PM

Try a 4 cavity 30 carbine Hensley & Gibbs 110 gr rn 4 cavity gas check mould w/ handles that is stone flat new. I don't have a 30 carbine....but I bought the mould reasonably.....I don't have any components.....but I WILL someday! I can't wait to get an Old Model Ruger 30 Carbine handgun to shoot those bullets from.
Oh....and how about the H&G 2 cavity #99 200 gr 30 cal rifle mould? Nope....no 30 cal rifles or components either.....but someday.........
You are NOT alone!

Newtire
07-13-2007, 11:42 PM

I don't see anywhere written down that it's not OK to do that! It just could be that the rest of "them" are the real problem.

Mohillbilly
07-14-2007, 06:35 AM
Wow! I found myself on vacation in the Florida Keys diving along side the highways, and bridges pick'n up sinkers, and soda bottles....(some of those old bottles are worth $$$$)

threett1
07-15-2007, 09:26 AM
You mean this stuff is not normal??:mrgreen:

testhop
09-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi Fish
At The Local Shoping Mallthere Is A Big Hole And It Is A Reg Goldmine
For Ww Hope Theynever Fix It

Testhop

Tom W.
09-16-2007, 06:51 PM
What about those big lead counterweights on portable X-ray machines in the hospitals??? I've often wondered what I could use to replace them, and would anybody notice???

montana_charlie
09-16-2007, 07:04 PM
I've often wondered what I could use to replace them, and would anybody notice???
You could use gold.
Weight is similar and it has little useful value, except it's pretty to look at.
Be sure to paint it right so nobody catches on, though.
CM

EMC45
09-16-2007, 07:46 PM
I went to the base the other day to get the wife a new ID card and it didn't work out. Well on the way back to the car I look down and lo and behold there was a WW on the ground. I motioned to the wife and mouthed what I just found and she wasn't nearly excited as I was. It made a bad day better.