PDA

View Full Version : Widgets for lubing bullets

Mike W1
01-16-2013, 06:07 PM
A little work with scrap and now the bullets are closer to the machine and some movements at least shortened up. Really speeds up the process immensely. A block to hold the bin with unlubed bullets and a Dillon tray for my SDB to catch the lubed one's dropping on the way for another one to do.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u310/Mike4245/HPIM1910.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u310/Mike4245/HPIM1911.jpg

rintinglen
01-16-2013, 09:27 PM
I like It! I'm going to have to fix up something like that.

Spawn-Inc
01-16-2013, 09:33 PM
if your looking for more speed, try filling the smaller tray pictured with unlubed boolits. on the right side of the sizer put a bucket, or another tray.

once you've sized a boolit you can take a new one and push the sized one off to the right (and hopefully in the bucket/tray) and keep going. it should make things faster, at least it does in my head.

Mike W1
01-16-2013, 11:58 PM
if your looking for more speed, try filling the smaller tray pictured with unlubed boolits. on the right side of the sizer put a bucket, or another tray.

once you've sized a boolit you can take a new one and push the sized one off to the right (and hopefully in the bucket/tray) and keep going. it should make things faster, at least it does in my head.

Well actually I'm a bit fumble fingered with my right hand so for me it works better to just grab from the back box and when I'm going for another I've already got the lubed one in hand and just drop it into the front one. Have some fingers in my right hand that don't have any feeling but your idea might work better for someone with normal dexterity.

Mike W1
01-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Been doing some lubing and so far timed testing indicates going from a rate of 400/450 per hour it appears 800/850 hour are realistic. Course you aren't wasting much time drinking coffee at that rate, you're busy. Once I get a counter set up I'll try running a full hour straight but it's easy enough to do 100 in about 7 minutes.

Mike W1
01-22-2013, 11:12 PM
Did some more lubing on an extended basis. Definitely hit a rate of about 800/hr now but the limiting factor is you get kind of tired out raising and lowering the handle around the 500 mark. Definitely an improvement though. BTW the rachet adaption is likely also a huge factor in this speed upgrade.