PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Case Lube Repository

cloakndagger
01-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Looking through the mounds of info around here Ive happened on several good "non standard" case and resizing lubes, so I've set out to create a repository of case lubes/recepes. If a particular "branded lube" tends to do amazing things, or has some meritous feature feel free to list it. Lets get rolling with a few of my favorites...
Bag Balm, comes in a handy can and is useful for "garand thumb" and other hand/skin ailments.
Lansinoh breast cream, get it in the maternity section, 100% anhydrous lanolin. also makes a useful preservative.
Ballistol, a few drops in a ziploc of brass works realy well for me, cleans up with alcohol or lighter fluid.
Face grease, hey, in a pinch at the range doing load development you cant afford to have forgotten you case lube at home...

MBTcustom
01-16-2013, 06:06 PM
I have used Fiebings Mink oil as a case/boolit sizing lube and it works dandy.
The best case lube I ever used was this golden liquid that RCBS was putting out. I understand it was just anhydrous lanolin dissolved in alcohol.

rodsvet
01-16-2013, 06:25 PM
The old and now discontinued spray case lube from Midway was really great for .223. I tried Hornady one shot and got cases stuck in the die. How about Dillon politically correct pump spray? Anyone had luck with that? Rod

cloakndagger
01-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Soap, I forgot, Ive used dawn and Ivory bar in a pinch... why am I always running out of case lube......O yea, pistol reloading with old steel dies.... now I appreciate my new carbide ries more ;)

swamp
01-17-2013, 09:46 PM
I use the Dillon spray. Works well for me. It is lanolin and alcohol.
swamp

David2011
01-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Dillon or Imperial Sizing Wax. Dillon for volume; Imperial is far less messy and nice to use for 20-50-100 rounds.

David

runfiverun
01-17-2013, 10:45 PM
i make a psuedo dillon with 100% rubbing alcohol and 25% melted lanolin.
i sub the 91% when i can't get the 100%.
for smear lubing cases,or inside neck lubing, and for swaging.
i use 2 parts lanolin and 1 part castor oil.
it supplements the spray lube too.
i can spritz the cases and use the swage lube to put a really thin smear on the cases to supplement and make sure the lube is really thin.

wv109323
01-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Let me throw my .02 cents in. I am comparing this to two case lubes that I have used. I have used RCBS and Lee. Far superior to anything that I have used previously is Hornady Item number 050009. It is in a bottle. With about an ounce I lubed at least 2000 rifle cases using this lube and an RCBS Lube pad. The amount of force to resize cases is reduced by 80% and I don't think you could stick a case in a die if you wanted to. I am sold on this stuff but my experience is limited to 40 years of reloading. A bottle is $4.99 and I would guess that you could lube 10,000 case with a bottle.

Bullshop
01-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Bullsize
Do a search and check it out.