PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances?

McKenzie
07-10-2007, 10:26 AM
I recently purchased a New Model Blackhawk Bisley. It's a super gun and I am very happy with it.

However, I was wondering what the chances were that a random 45ACP cylinder, from another Blackhawk, would fit and time correctly in my gun. As near as I've been able to determine the cylinders are the same dimensions.

Another caliber option would be very nice. I just don't want to risk damage to the gun or myself.

So, good idea or not?

mag_01
07-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Probably not a good Idea as far as timing rotate cylinder slowly by cocking back hammer and détente should just fall into place--- Main problem would be if cylinder and barrel line up---- When you by a combination both cylinders are matched at factory and they recommend not using cylinders with any other gun--- So again probably not.---- Mag

Dr. A
07-10-2007, 10:55 AM
I've got two Blackhawks. One a combo model 5.5 in. with both ACP and Colt cylinders. On occasion, I've tried out the ACP cylinder on my 7.5 in. Bisley model. It works just fine. On the other hand, I've heard of them not fitting. I've not heard of so many timing issues, but rather length issues of the cylinder in the gun. Strangely, the cylinder gap is closer on the Bisley than it is on my combo gun.:roll: Its just a luck of the draw. You can still as far as I know, send your gun back to Ruger and have one fitted.