PDA

View Full Version : Taurus revolver

daniel lawecki
01-13-2013, 10:11 PM
I have a chance to buy a Taurus Revolver in 17 HMR for 250.00. from a buddy. Anyone shoot or own one?

kweidner
01-14-2013, 06:20 AM
Have shot the 22mag. Really accurate. 17hmr would be nice but expensive to feed. They made one in a hornet. Now that I would buy for sure. My 94 in 22lr is my tree rat gun. Super accurate with wolf match. Nice price on that one!

Guesser
01-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Look at a fired case from each chamber, I have seen several of those guns that the chamber was bored too deep. The cartridge head spaces on the rim and when fired it blows the shoulder forward. Several of the early ones were sent back and new cylinders installed. Good guns, good cartridge, but check it out thoroughly, first.

nhrifle
01-14-2013, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't pass that by. I have owned numerous Taurus handguns and they are nothing but awesome and I carry one on a daily basis.

saint_iverson
01-14-2013, 12:18 PM
i have a snub 38 thats a dream to shoot! However have a father in law would bought a model 66 recently and it has the accuracy of a shotgun right now. He asked me for help, more to come!

daniel lawecki
01-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the input I'll jump on it because I know It only had 50rds threw it. I have a 22 tracker 45 colt raging bull.

xd4584
01-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Look at a fired case from each chamber, I have seen several of those guns that the chamber was bored too deep. The cartridge head spaces on the rim and when fired it blows the shoulder forward. Several of the early ones were sent back and new cylinders installed. Good guns, good cartridge, but check it out thoroughly, first.

My buddy has one that will split almost every case

A guy I talked to that worked at a gun shop told me Taurus was the manufacturer with the most guns sent back. They usually make good but that's enough for me to NEVER buy one

jh45gun
01-16-2013, 01:51 AM
A guy I talked to bla bla bla is about as bad as the armchair gunsmiths online that keep repeating the same old BS about guns like Taurus and Henry and HI Point ect. Probably never had one but love to bash them. A local gun shop WILL NOT sell Hi Points they have all sorts of sorry excuses but I figured out the real reason is if they sold Hi Points then they would not sell as many higher priced guns. Only problem with the HI Point is they are clunky and big But they are accurate and almost indestructible and folks that own them like them. I take a lot of gun shop talk with a grain of salt they hire a lot of folks that think they know about guns but do not.

THERE IS NOT ONE GUN COMPANY OUT THERE THAT HAS NOT MADE A LEMON ONCE IN A WHILE IT HAPPENS.

Keyston44
01-16-2013, 09:29 AM
I like all my Taurus revolvers and semi autos.

Key

Texantothecore
01-16-2013, 01:19 PM
A guy I talked to bla bla bla is about as bad as the armchair gunsmiths online that keep repeating the same old BS about guns like Taurus and Henry and HI Point ect. Probably never had one but love to bash them. A local gun shop WILL NOT sell Hi Points they have all sorts of sorry excuses but I figured out the real reason is if they sold Hi Points then they would not sell as many higher priced guns. Only problem with the HI Point is they are clunky and big But they are accurate and almost indestructible and folks that own them like them. I take a lot of gun shop talk with a grain of salt they hire a lot of folks that think they know about guns but do not.

THERE IS NOT ONE GUN COMPANY OUT THERE THAT HAS NOT MADE A LEMON ONCE IN A WHILE IT HAPPENS.

The world is divided into two parts: Those who have never owned a hipoint and wouldn't use one for a paperweight and those who own them and love them.

daniel lawecki
01-16-2013, 07:56 PM
It's mine 235.00 best deal this year maybe I'll find something to go with this.

nekshot
01-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Yup, the experts are those that know nothing but heresay of any thing! I had to humor my one taurus a little but the end result is a handgun with as sweet a action that even the local law fellas have trouble believing it is not a colt.

rb dave
01-17-2013, 09:25 PM
I have 2revolvers. 7 shot 357 4 in that shoots verrry well and 8 3/8 454 raging bull that is equally as good. Love the pistols but their lifetime warranty is even better unless you need it in a hurry. It takes about half a lifetime for any results from their service dept!!

Guesser
01-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Their service has changed!!! My Tracker was home in 17 days turn around; fixed!!!!! I've never had to send any of my other Taurus revolvers in. I don't own any semi-autos.