PDA

View Full Version : Help with what to order for my Magma 100 lb pot.

m. m. wright
01-13-2013, 07:59 PM
I have a Magma 100 lb pot off a Bullet Master that I would like to use but there is no temp control and the heating elements have been replaced by one which hangs in over the side. I am told that I can buy anything I need from Grainger but what do I need? My plan is to build a frame for it and use it for bottom pouring double cavity molds. At one time I had a Bullet Master and still have several molds for it that I would like to use. Anyone ever do anything similar?

My first post here.

Spawn-Inc
01-13-2013, 08:11 PM
i would put a PID system on it, http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?115724-Project-PID-on-Lee-Pro-4-20-furnace. the link will tell you what you need to know. there is also other stickies around for PID temp controllers.

No_1
01-13-2013, 08:20 PM
Welcome to the forum. I think you can do whatever you dream up with that set up just make sure it is steady because nobody wants 100lbs of lead on their feet. A PID controller is the way to go for sure. I have one on each of my pots and also on my master caster. They are not expensive but I would make sure the pot works before investing in whatever mods you choose to make.

kitsap
01-13-2013, 09:57 PM
A couple of pictures of what you have would be helpful. Also knowing the power draw (volts and amps) for the heating element would be necessary for any type of temperature controller.

DougF

blikseme300
01-14-2013, 01:48 AM
You can get almost anything from Grainger for sure but what are you referring to? Pics will be very helpful as words often loose accuracy. Be careful as 100# of smelt has much energy and can hurt...

GLL
01-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Welcome to the Forum !

I have never seen a Magma 100 pound pot from the Bullet Master other than a small advertisement diagram. Could you show us a couple photos of yours?

Jerry

runfiverun
01-16-2013, 02:14 PM
it's listed as a 90 lb pot for the automatic machine.
you can build a frame from angle iron to make a bottom pour pot.
i made one for one of my 40 lb pots to use for hand casting.