PDA

View Full Version : Vibra Prime

deltaenterprizes
01-13-2013, 12:35 AM
Battenfield Technologies is reintroducing the vibrapre at the SHOT Show.

VHoward
01-13-2013, 12:49 AM
That's good to hear. I bought a device called a purple primer eater. It works, but I kept getting flipped primers. I stopped using it and went back to the slow way. no more flipped primers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0TBjRjMrjM

LUBEDUDE
01-13-2013, 01:28 AM
VHoward- your avatar is great!

VHoward
01-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks. :-)

Lloyd Smale
01-14-2013, 07:24 AM
wonder if there prices will reflect the overinflated prices people have been getting for them since they were discontiued. It was a heck of a good unit for the 40 bucks frankfort arsonel sold them for but surely isnt worth the 100 plus dollars there getting for them right now.

angus6
01-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Lloyd a few months back when itwas posted about them going to be made the price point was $79 IIRC

angus6
01-14-2013, 12:47 PM
That's good to hear. I bought a device called a purple primer eater. It works, but I kept getting flipped primers. I stopped using it and went back to the slow way. no more flipped primers.

Yeah those disappeared quickly, at least we paid for the guys 3D printer :-? Forgot was it someone here that set up the buy on them :?

Echd
01-14-2013, 02:14 PM
This is great news. I might finally buy an LNL, as much as it may pain my turret presses to hear it.

Lloyd Smale
01-15-2013, 06:39 AM
79 is a bit high imo but id still probably have to buy two. I still have one in use and one new one and two more would probaly get me to an age where i couldnt load anyway.

VHoward
01-26-2013, 02:20 PM
In post #2 I reported that the purple primer eater kept giving me flipped primers. That was true. However, in the data sheet included they said best results were gotten when you remove a little material from the end of the primer pick up tube to remove the bevel that the companies put there. They recommend using a lathe to do that. I didn't have a lathe so used a block of wood with sand paper on it. doesn't work. Took my primer pick up tubes to a local metal shop and got them to trim them for me in their lathe. Now the purple primer eater works as the guy promised. No more flipped primers.

ReloaderFred
01-26-2013, 02:34 PM
They had the Vibraprime on the rack at the SHOT Show. They expect to be selling them this spring, and the price point will be in the $70.00 range. There isn't a whole lot of markup in the unit, but there may be some for sale for a couple of dollars less, once they hit the market.

The rep told me they had re-engineered it to cure some of the earlier issues. The only one they had was in the clamshell packaging, so I didn't get a chance to actually handle it.

Hope this helps.

Fred

41 mag fan
01-26-2013, 05:07 PM

I hear you there. I bought one and extra tubes. half the time the primers wouldn't feed correctly in the tubes, and by the time I had 500 loaded up, using this purple primer feeder, I could have 500 rounds loaded. What took 35 min-1hr to do with the purple primer feeder, I could load by hand in 15

Lloyd Smale
01-27-2013, 07:18 AM
Ive had good luck with the purple one. Its takes a bit of fooling around to get the tube in at the right dept but after that it seems to work as well as the frankfort arsonal unit. I can remember back when they made the first FA units. the reviews on them were horrible too. they allways worked fine for me. Guys that bad mouthed them should have tried the 300 dollar dillon unit. I had one and its the only thing dillon ever sold me that got returned!!

jmorris
01-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Old one. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/656090/frankford-arsenal-vibra-prime-automatic-primer-tube-filler

New one. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/890424/frankford-arsenal-vibra-prime-automatic-primer-tube-filler

From $33 to $47, that's not too big of a jump. Still glad they discontinued them long enough to elevate the prices so i could sell the two I had to pay for the Dillon unit

happy7
03-22-2013, 09:10 AM
These are back in stock as of this morning. Probably won't last long.

W.R.Buchanan
03-22-2013, 06:51 PM
I just bought one from the guy on Youtube for $50. It is simple and works pretty well. If you follow the instructions they work perfectly.

If you don't follow the instructions, all you have to do when the primers bunch up is tilt the thing back the other way to clear it and then start feeding again.

The longest it took me to load any primer tube was 30 seconds after I started the vibrator.

I didn't remove the chamfer from my Dillon Tubes either. Just tilt one way and then tilt back and so on. I could load 15 tubes in 15 minutes easily and that includes dumping the primers into the Lee Primer Tray and orienting them as well.

Like I said, it is a simple tool and it works pretty well.

Loading those tubes by hand is a PITA! and I hate doing it. This device takes all the work out of it.

I also made a block with 15ea. 5/16" holes in it to hold the loaded tubes.

Contact him at grammyange@aol.com His name is Bob Donelson.

Randy

HATCH
03-22-2013, 07:22 PM
These are back in stock as of this morning. Probably won't last long.

Just ordered two a few mins ago. I did a typo and hit 21 so they got at least 19 more in stock

John Allen
03-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Midway, has them back in stock

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/890424/frankford-arsenal-vibra-prime-automatic-primer-tube-filler

I just ordered one myself.

kostner
04-25-2013, 11:43 PM
My purple primer feeder never work as I had hoped. Ordered the New Vibra Prime and it looks like it will deliver. Paid $55 from MidwayUSA.

kostner
05-21-2013, 12:24 AM
[QUOTE=VHoward;2003605]That's good to hear. I bought a device called a purple primer eater. It works, but I kept getting flipped primers. I stopped using it and went back to the slow way. no more flipped primers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0TBjRjMrjM[/QUOTE

Bought the purple primer filler and the darn thing never work very well. So now I have the new Frankford Vibra prime and it works as advertised. Looks so simple that you won't even read the directions. Hint read them and everything will work out. Money well spent.

HATCH
05-21-2013, 06:55 AM
The small primer feed great. Large primers have issues

VHoward
05-21-2013, 09:55 AM
I just bought one from the guy on Youtube for $50. It is simple and works pretty well. If you follow the instructions they work perfectly.

If you don't follow the instructions, all you have to do when the primers bunch up is tilt the thing back the other way to clear it and then start feeding again.

The longest it took me to load any primer tube was 30 seconds after I started the vibrator.

I didn't remove the chamfer from my Dillon Tubes either. Just tilt one way and then tilt back and so on. I could load 15 tubes in 15 minutes easily and that includes dumping the primers into the Lee Primer Tray and orienting them as well.

Like I said, it is a simple tool and it works pretty well.

Loading those tubes by hand is a PITA! and I hate doing it. This device takes all the work out of it.

I also made a block with 15ea. 5/16" holes in it to hold the loaded tubes.

Contact him at grammyange@aol.com His name is Bob Donelson.

Randy

I had tried to remove the chamfer with a sanding block and ended up making the end of my tubes not square. That is what I found why my purple primer eater was not working well and I was getting flipped primers. Took my tubes to work and put them in a lathe and squared up the ends and use a counter sink to just barely relieve the edge of the hole. Now the Purple Primer Eater works great and no flipped primers. It now only take 15 seconds from the time the vibrator is turned on to fill the tube.

The Antichrome
08-24-2013, 02:05 PM

Yeah those disappeared quickly, at least we paid for the guys 3D printer :-? Forgot was it someone here that set up the buy on them :?

Yeah, I found my primer eater in the junk box today. It reminded me what a piece of **** it is. I hope the maker and the person who arranged the group buy are banned from posting on this site.

EddieNFL
08-24-2013, 06:52 PM
I bought one of the originals years ago for $19.95. Usually had to shake it back a forth a bit, but it always filled the tubes in 30 to 45 seconds. Some time back I ran across a used Dillon RF100 for a decent price. The Vibra is in a drawer somewhere.

HATCH
08-24-2013, 06:57 PM
I had to sand to drop hole on the large primers. It's about 80% now.

VHoward
08-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Well, I broke down a bought one of these vibraprimes. It did not work even as well as the purple primer eater. I only use small primers so thought based on Hatch's experience, it would work. The primers would continuously jamb up and I spent so much time clearing the jamb that I could have loaded two primer pick up tubes manually by the time I got done with that 100 with the vibraprime.

I sent it back to the vendor as defective for a full refund. At least I got the purple primer eater mostly working.

rasto
08-30-2013, 01:12 PM
I do know what are you doing with it but mine bought in doublealpha.biz works flawlesly for a few months. I am reloading only SPP and no problem at all.
I made some upgrades as well but nothing to get it work.

This is my first try of upgraded vibraprime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwYwo7jB8OI

VHoward
08-30-2013, 05:03 PM
Followed the directions that came with it exactly. Continuous primer jamb.