PDA

View Full Version : New powder measure on the way!

selmerfan
01-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Well, I sold my B&M, saved my pennies, sold some lead, and got to place the online order for a Harrell's Premium powder measure this evening. I hope they're worth the hype - being able to record and repeat load settings has a HUGE attraction for me, and I anticipate the precision to be excellent. Anyone here use one? I know they're pricey, but I just couldn't use the B&M anymore with some hand and shoulder issues.

Houndog
01-12-2013, 11:15 PM
I've got one of the smaller models with the roller bearings on the metering shaft I use for Benchrest. You won't be disapointed, and if you are, Lynwood will take it back and refund your money! Everything I own made by Lynwood and his Brother is FIRST CLASS!

chrisw
01-13-2013, 01:08 AM
never heard of them but they sure look nice! Maybe I don't need the RCBS chargemaster after all!

plus they are local... I guess I need to go visit!

congrats!

Toobroke
01-13-2013, 11:55 AM
I also have the Premium. Use it for batch loading 7.62 and 5.56 in my ARs. Love it. Have often thought about getting the pistol measure for the calibers I don't reload on a progressive. Just hasn't topped my priority list.

When I first got it didn't come with a manual and I had some questions. I called and one of the brothers (don't remember which one) answered the phone. Really good people and proud of their products. Answered my questions and sent me the manual (more of a sheet of paper) by mail. I'm sure you'll like it

o6Patient
01-14-2013, 02:58 PM
It won't be more accurate than the 'mulls you sold but it will be a heck of a lot more convenient
to use and unless one is shooting a 1000 yrds (maybe) -exact weight to 1/10 is much over rated.
(IMHO) They are nice looking measures. Let us know just how accurate it is. Have fun.:Fire:

Love Life
01-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Let me know how you like it. I have been eyeballing one for awhile.

btroj
01-15-2013, 09:23 AM
I like the repeatablity of mine. I use a marker to write the setting and powder charge on the powder jug. Makes it easy to reset.
I do find it works poorly with small charges of powder, mostly those under 20 grains. Under 15 it gets real bad especially with flake powders like Unique.

Yep, that Harrell's Premium is a nice measure. I don't regret that purchase one bit.