PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Pro Melt on/off switch replacement?

Vulcan Bob
01-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Hi all, first post here and of course I have trouble! The on/off rocker switch on my recently aquired(looks about new) used 20 year old Pro Melt snapped and broke on my first attemt to turn it on. Is this rocker switch anything special or can I get one at Radio Shack? Of course this happend on a Saturday and will call RCBS Monday but will RCBS even sell me one? Also as its rivited together how much do I need to remove to access the switch for removal, The back piece seems to be one piece with the panel that runs underneath. Any help appriciated!

Jack Stanley
01-12-2013, 08:39 PM
I think I super-glued mine when it broke twenty-some years ago .

Jack

seagiant
01-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Hi,
Call the nice lady at RCBS!

Vulcan Bob
01-12-2013, 10:24 PM
I think I super-glued mine when it broke twenty-some years ago .

Jack Hey there Jack, this feels like internal damage as the switch body is intact. I did the "ask RCBS" E-mail thing asking if they would sell me a switch as I would hate to mail the thing to them for repair! Thanks for the info fellows.

Vulcan Bob
01-14-2013, 12:22 AM
Hi all, I did the "ask RCBS" thing on thier sight and recieved a reply over the weekend even, said the new part is ordered for me no charge! Sorta did not expect them to send an electrical part due to the whole "liability" thing. This is why I buy from RCBS! Anyhoo it looks like if I drill out the rivets on the back and belly pan it should slide down the support shafts and allow access and I'll be back in action.

leadman
01-14-2013, 12:29 AM
RCBS sent me a switch about a year ago no charge and recently a temperature control, also no charge! Guess which manufacturer is going to get first shot at my business?

The bolts on the top hold the pot to the posts, remove it and drill out the rivets.