PDA

View Full Version : H&r bc

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-12-2013, 06:51 PM
So, I'm house sittting in a different town from home. I take this afternoon to visit the "new to me" gun stores.
They had a new BC on the shelf for 395.00 seems fair enough.
My observations are that H&R puts much more care into this rifle than the regular old rifles.
The barrel fit is much better, the stock wood is way nicer and fit is much better, trigger better.
The big thing I notice after looking down the tube of this one compared to the other one I wrote about a week or so ago,
the BC has real rifling in it, much deeper grooves than the other 45-70 they make.
Obvioulsy a different manufacturer IMO.
It's still there BTW, no funds for such things at present.
I did find the H4895 that was nowhere to be seen at home though :mrgreen:
In fact, there was no sign of panic buying in the 2 stores I visited. Lots of powder and primers on the shelf.

crazy mark
01-14-2013, 12:42 AM
$395 is at the top end of the range. They are nice rifles however.

johnson1942
01-14-2013, 12:55 AM
i paid 400 for mine many years ago, i havent priced them lately but the price seems really good. now that my son is 13 and i just sold a couple of guns, this next week im going to order a custom muzzle loader barrel for it and scope mount it. my son will use that during muzzle loader season. your not just buying a gun when you buy that one your buying a action on which if you want, can put many barrels of various cals.

rfd
02-15-2013, 03:22 PM
got mine from grabagun for 400/shipped.