PDA

View Full Version : Quickie Project

TXGunNut
01-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Have a 1969 vintage 94 in 32 WS that needed a bit of barrel inletting. Forend was beat up a little so decided to do a bit of finish repair. Unfortunately I removed a bit of the stain with the finish, it seems Winchester stocked this rifle with birch wood. Didn't have any Tru-Oil or stain on hand but a small bottle of oil finish from Track of the Wolf sealed it up nicely. Looked so nice I decided the crackly finish on the buttstock needed freshening. A few minutes with a OOO pad smoothed it up nicely, then a couple of coats of oil later followed by OOOO and I have a 40 yr old rifle that looks relatively new again. Internally it's almost new, just wish it didn't have a birch stock and a painted receiver.
I bought this rifle as a shooter to explore the 32 WS cartridge, doubt it will ever have much collector value but I'm thinking that won't matter if I can get her to shoot. Getting kind of fond of this plain jane levergun. Toyed with the idea of new walnut stocks, just doesn't seem right on this rifle.
Pics suck but you get the idea.

izzyjoe
01-12-2013, 08:05 PM
look's real good, and i hope you get it lined out, it should make a fine cast shooter. i did'nt know that winny 94's had birch wood, but i guess they got cheap in the later year's like everyone else.