PDA

View Full Version : OSHA Comment Period Extended 60 Days

John Boy
07-09-2007, 09:56 AM
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01...07/E7-13198.htm (http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20071800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2007/E7-13198.htm)

Federal Register
July 9, 2007

SUMMARY: OSHA is extending the comment period for its proposed standard
on Explosives for an additional sixty (60) days until September 10, 2007.

WE GOT OSHA's ATTENTION! :D
Thanks All who made Comments and contacts to your Legislators, News media, Talk Shows and Associations. This now allows more detailed replys to be prepared and ...
FURTHER GET THE WORD OUT to all involved parties.

No Slacking off though ... PLEASE! This is a very important topic to us all

Also, probably gives OSHA more time to post the thousands of posts that you have made ;)

Bret4207
07-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Thats great Shows you what can be done when enough people respond. Now go to this thread and use the NRA-ILA link to respond to all the bills I listed and the newer ones like the backdoor McCarthy bill.

http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=17847

LAH
07-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Come on guys, leave something for them to read. I posted this:

Concerning Docket No. OSHA-2007-0032-0001 (Explosives—Proposed Rule)

These proposed rule changes would affect many, many sportsmen and commerce in general. Consider the following:

It would prohibit possession of firearms in commercial “facilities containing explosives”—an obvious problem for your local gun store.

It would require evacuation of all “facilities containing explosives”—even your local Wal-Mart—during any electrical storm.

It would prohibit smoking within 50 feet of “facilities containing explosives.”

Just these 3 alone would make it nearly impossible for the sportsman to find powder and primers to produce their own ammunition. The transportation of these products would become such a problem for shippers they would throw their hands up and say enough is enough.

There is absolutely no evidence of any new safety hazard from storage or transportation of small arms ammunition or components that would justify these new rules. The National Rifle Association, National Shooting Sports Foundation, and Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers’ Association, will be submitting detailed comments on this issue. I hope OSHA will listen to these organizations’ comments as the agency develops a final rule on this issue.

wills
07-09-2007, 10:23 AM
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=3151

nicholst55
07-09-2007, 08:19 PM
We ALL need to make our feelings known on this, folks! If we treat this like we treated Zumbo's debacle, OSHA will run and hide. If we don't, I guess we can all take up archery.

Ricochet
07-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Just wait till they get started on archery.

jdhenry
07-09-2007, 09:53 PM
I did my part:) now it is everyone elses turn....... I'll make it easy, go to:

http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main

Then click on advanced search.......

Then click DOCKET SEARCH

Put in OSHA-2007-0032 in the Docket ID spot then click submit.

now click on OSHA-2007-0032 It is highlighted in blue

And on the first posting all the way to the right there is a tab of add comment CLICK IT!!:)

Fill in the info ....................

Then copy and paste this:

Re.: Docket No. OSHA-2007-0032 (Explosives—Proposed Rule)

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing in strong opposition to OSHA’s proposed rules on “explosives,” which go far beyond regulating true explosives. These proposed rules would impose severe restrictions on the transportation and storage of small arms ammunition—both complete cartridges and handloading components such as black and smokeless powder, primers, and percussion caps. These restrictions go far beyond existing transportation and fire protection regulations.

As a person who uses ammunition and components, I am very concerned that these regulations will have a serious effect on my ability to obtain these products. OSHA’s proposed rules would impose restrictions that very few gun stores, sporting goods stores, or ammunition dealers could comply with. (Prohibiting firearms in stores that sell ammunition, for example, is absurd—but would be required under the proposed rule.)

The proposed transportation regulations would also affect shooters’ ability to buy these components by mail or online, because shipping companies would also have great difficulty complying with the proposed rules.

There is absolutely no evidence of any new safety hazard from storage or transportation of small arms ammunition or components that would justify these new rules. I also understand that organizations with expertise in this field, such as the National Rifle Association, National Shooting Sports Foundation, and Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers’ Association, will be submitting detailed comments on this issue. I hope OSHA will listen to these organizations’ comments as the agency develops a final rule on this issue.

Sincerely,

Then put your name at the end.... Lets light them up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the fastest way I found to post a comment...... Maybe someone else will have a better way, buy till then Hope this helps....

GET'ER DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAH
07-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks JD.........Creeker

crossfireoops
07-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Can't believe I found this on a back page.

BTT

GTC

piwo
07-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Just wait till they get started on archery.
I agree. Archery would be easy to eliminate for hunting, that's why it's not being pursued in my opinion.

When I was active in Missouri trying to get our Prop. B concealed carry referendum passed back in the late 90's, all these "why do I need to worry about that, I only use shotguns" excuses were thrown at me when working information booths and gun shows and the like. Everyone thinks their trusty shotgun is safe from banning and confiscation, yet I don't think it's pursued because it's the EASIEST to build the public case to ban. I could personally write the propaganda to ban shotguns that would be far more compelling then the assault weapon, handgun and ammunition transportation of ammo arguments. So after you get rid of the hard stuff, it's a snap to skim off the dross. It's strictly divide and conquer. If everyone felt so vulnerable, they'd stick together and be more effective. We're our own worst enemies. Time to get off duffs and act.