01-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Where are the STI pistols made and anyone have any infor on them. Thanks- Joe

catboat
01-11-2013, 06:46 PM
http://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=391955

tomme boy
01-11-2013, 10:58 PM
The cheap 1911 one I think it is the Spartan line is made by Armscore in the Philippines. Their plastic line is also made over seas. All other 1911 and 2011 are made in Texas. They are very nice pistols. At the last GS in CR they had a few of the Trojans for a really good price. $839. If I remember right it was the guy that has all of the reloading stuff. I can get you his # if you need it.

Texan1650
01-11-2013, 11:09 PM
STI are made in Georgetown Texas. The best you can buy or have made for you. Dave Dawson (used to work for STI) as well as others also have rights to build them. Go to Dawson Precision on the net to find Dave............. also in Central Texas.

kweidner
01-12-2013, 05:43 AM
My good friend just got one in 9mm. It is a shooter. Very nice weapon.

Lloyd Smale
01-12-2013, 07:09 AM
thats a steal on a trojan. I had one and it was every bit the gun that most semi custom companys charge twice that for.
The cheap 1911 one I think it is the Spartan line is made by Armscore in the Philippines. Their plastic line is also made over seas. All other 1911 and 2011 are made in Texas. They are very nice pistols. At the last GS in CR they had a few of the Trojans for a really good price. $839. If I remember right it was the guy that has all of the reloading stuff. I can get you his # if you need it.

ROGER4314
01-23-2013, 12:52 PM
The lower end of the STI pistols are made in the Phillippines but all of their upper end pistols are made in Georgetown Texas.

I have an STI LAWMAN which is one of their mid to upper end products. It is a magnificent pistol in every way but it's not cheap! I had some things that bugged me about the pistol....nothing quality oriented but just preference issues. I sent it back to them and it was fixed just right. When I got it back, I still wasn't happy with the non adjustable sight so they said "Send her back in!" which I did. They replaced the sight with their current whiz bang combat adjustable! The cost? NADA....zero!

The products are top notch and customer service is the best! All that PLUS....it's made in the Great State Of Texas!

Flash

tinsnips
01-24-2013, 12:50 AM
I own two STI pistols they are very good quality. I bought them from Dawson Precision great people to deal with.

DrCaveman
01-24-2013, 05:35 PM
My understanding about the Spartan is that it is assembled in the same factory as rock island guns, but built to STI specs. At the least, the internal parts are supposedly shipped from Texas.

I compared one side by side to a RIA mil spec, and I thought the spartan felt better. I bought it on the spot and really like it.

Cant comment on their more expensive pistols except that they are made in Georgetown and everyone seems to rave about them.