PDA

View Full Version : so where is the best place to do buisness

jeff223
07-26-2005, 08:46 PM
no more Natchez Shooters Suppiles for me so is Midway the best around for price on gas checks and a lee sizer and other things?http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/icons/icon10.gif
who do you all deal with?http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

buck1
07-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Midsouth is cheeper, but I like midways return policy. I have heard grafts is good, but I havent tryed them yet but I will! ...Buck

drinks
07-26-2005, 09:28 PM
I personally use MidwayUSA most, but if you go to search and enter shooters supply, you will find several possibilities.
Most have online catalogs and ordering, or will ship a paper catalog if you request.
Graf and Son also have some good items and prices.

alamogunr
07-26-2005, 09:40 PM
I use Grafs and have been well satisfied. I sent them a copy of my C&R license and get a pretty good discount. I have heard good things about MidSouth, but as a resident of Tennessee, I would have to pay the 9.25% sales tax. It still might be worth it but only on a few items. I have never looked into their custom molds that I have seen mentioned here.

44man
07-26-2005, 10:34 PM
I have used Midsouth for years and like them, but Midway and Graf are also good. Midway is a little higher but they carry almost anything.

David R
07-27-2005, 06:09 AM
Been dealing with Midway since their catalog was a 3 page newspapaer. I was customer #004 in my zip code. (before internet) They don't track customers like that anymore, but I have never had a problem with them.

NVcurmudgeon
07-27-2005, 11:05 AM
I have been a happy Midway customer for maybe 15 years. Since I moved from CA to NV, Midway will not sell me ammunition, brass, or bullets. Their web site, or telephone order takers, inform me that they cannot send those it6ems to my ZIP code. As a C&R licensee who has firearms delivered to my house, and a CCW permit holder, I find Midway's position ironic. I have talked to the nice customer service lady, and E-mailed to no avail. The nice customer service lady said that the restriction is in the computer and we can't do anything about it. Being unable to attract the attention of Bwana Larry himself, I choose to go elsewhere. Lately, I have dealt with Graf. Their prices are better on some things, the same on most. Shipping is free, unless you claim the dealer discount offered to C&R licensees. So far, the dealer discount has been slightly more than enough to pay for the shipping. (I work it out both ways on their web site to see which is best.) Graf adds a small charge if you use a credit OR DEBIT card, but says "company checks" are acceptable. I have to check to see if my personal check is a legit "company check."

Junior1942
07-27-2005, 11:21 AM
I've used MidSouth Shooters Supply for many years, but Midway has a little more inventory. Midway also has a better web site.

StarMetal
07-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Bill

We can hack Midways computer system so it crashes and they have to reload everything. Hell we could even hack it so you get a special discount on top of your license! hahahahahahaha Just kidding bill

If it was put in there, it can be taken out....somehow.

Joe

floodgate
07-27-2005, 11:26 PM
I've dealt with most of them, but I sure miss GAR! On the computer block, I ran into a funny one. I placed an order with Sportsman's Guide for an ex-GI "kit" of Springfield spare parts, including a complete spare A3 bolt, and - as an afterthought - ordered a couple of spare Mosin-Nagant trigger / sear springs (they're said to be a breakable part). The'03 stuff came through fine, but I got a notice saying they couldn't ship the M-N springs to my ZIP code.

But then, a couple of weeks later, from one of their sale flyers, I ordered and got a crate (2 sealed cans) of 880 Bulgarian brass-cased surplus 7.62 x 54R's. Go figure!

COMPUTERS RULE! Maybe Star has the right idea; I wish I were smarter about this kind of stuff, but I came to computers too late in life.

floodgate

lar45
07-28-2005, 02:22 AM
Been dealing with Midway since their catalog was a 3 page newspapaer. I was customer #004 in my zip code. (before internet) They don't track customers like that anymore, but I have never had a problem with them.
That was a while ago for sure. Remember they used to have their Midway brand brass that was made by Starline before starline had a name.
I usually get everything through Midway. When I was loading commercially, I got my bulk supplies from Midway.

C1PNR
07-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Midway; Midsouth; Graf and Sons; Lock, Stock and Barrel; Sinclair International; Numrich Gun Parts; Berry's Mfg.

Remember that some of them give discounts to holders of C&R licenses.