PDA

View Full Version : Anybody recognize this? Think it's a Pacific Micrometer

gbrown
01-08-2013, 03:16 PM
I got this in a bunch of reloading tools and supplies that belonged to an old friend. It looks like a Pacific Cartridge depth guage from the '60s or '70s. Is green in color with big P on each side. The "shelf" that the cartridge base would fit on can be moved to one of 3 levels. The micrometer is made by Henry L. Hanson Co., Worchester, Mass. They were known for precision tools and instruments.

LUBEDUDE
01-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Yeah, it's Pacific alright. It is supposed to be blue. Probably just discolored from age and being in the sun maybe. I want to say the box it came in said "Mighty Max or Big Max" on it. I could be getting it confused with something else. It is used for measuring overall case length and whatever else you can make of it.

Here is Herter's version below.

gbrown
01-08-2013, 11:18 PM
I really appreciate your reply/post. Been fretting over this thing and what it was. I'm kinda anal about stuff like this. Got some stuff from my dad that I have no clue what it is. Drives me crazy! LOL Sucks to be me!!

seagiant
01-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Hi,
Yea,with that big "P"......

gbrown
01-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Again, thanks for the input. I'll sleep a little better tonight.

Sweetpea
01-09-2013, 12:06 AM
Seagiant, is your press glued down, or what?[smilie=1:

LUBEDUDE
01-09-2013, 12:23 AM
Sweetpea, my guess is that Seagiant took the picture sometime after restoring the press. He likes to mount his presses to aluminum or steel plates and then clamp them to the bench when he loads. He is a "press addict" like me and does not have enough bench room for all of his presses! :-D

I 'm sure he will correct me if I am wrong.

In fact, look just to the left of that Pacific press. You will see his Dietmyer/pacific shotshell press mounted to a plate and clamped to the bench.